Sunday, December 18, 2016

From the Archives...It All Started With the Straws!

Hello! Happy Monday and Happy Christmas week! To get you in the holiday crafting spirit, I thought I would share one of my all time favorite Christmas projects. In fact, it still hangs on my tree today!

This post is from the archives. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!



Recently, I was snooping around on Etsy for some washi. I quickly found what I wanted, but then I decided I should take advantage of shipping and get the most for that fee...

Well, you know how that goes.

And then, I got these straws...
And found this cute little tin at the dollar store...
Surely with some UTEE, I can come up with something here?
 I don't have one of those fancy melting pots, so I am just going to hope for the best here:
I will say that a large portion of this UTEE was blown out as soon as this heat tool came on. I know, I really should have seen that coming, especially now that it seems totally obvious.
But, I persevered! Heat, melt, add more, repeat.

Maybe some alcohol ink will dress this up a bit?
Well, that's a little darker than I expected. 
Oh well, that's what creative play is all about!
Let's forge ahead...
 Alrighty! With that all melted and hot, I just stick the straws right in...
That was easy. But, it is still a bit dark. Perhaps some glitter will counteract that darkness?
 Oh, I kinda like that!
 A little more glitter, and some pen work and I decide to call it done!
Well, that was an adventure that produced a super shiny, fun, and rather funky holiday ornament hanging thing-a-ma-bob...
Note to self: Get a melting pot.

I hope you are finding some time for random Christmas crafty play time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that's really cute! I love my kids' handmade ornaments the best. I'll have to try to make some, too. Merry Christmas, Ashli, enjoy your holiday season. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...