Sunday, November 13, 2016

Studio Update...

Hello there! This week in the studio was a productive one... not with creating, but with tidying and purging. 

I am a minimalist at heart. Having a husband and four kids makes this an interesting endeavor. But, nonetheless, I persist and am continually tidying and purging. I hit a room a week, going through the house every 8 weeks with a thorough clean, purge, and tidy. Doing it so often really helps keep things at bay. But, I tend to slack off in the studio as it stays pretty messy with projects. Don't get me wrong... I am totally ok with that! After all, being a minimalist is about making sure that what you have is indeed adding value to your life. And, most of the time my creative messes do just that. 

Ah, but having some big projects finished up and a class recently produced, the creative mess had gone from creative to chaotic. And, not in a good way. So, this week, the studio got most of my tidying attention...

And here we go...

This is as clean as the desk gets:
My pile of scraps to the right, remains... That's ok, though! I use them and love them!

I pulled some scrapbooks to remind me to do certain pages...

And I even wrapped some Christmas presents...

AHHHH... white space...

The embellies are getting low...

and the punches are organized...

As are the stickers!

Woo hoo!
It feels so good to do a thorough clean out/purge of my space! Now, with some welcome white space and room to breathe, I am off to do more making!



6 comments:

  1. There's a certain calm that comes over me when my space is organized. When it's chaos, I have trouble thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good clean and purge. Did some this weekend too. I'm pretty sure I can get rid of more. working also on using a lot of stuff too. bash the stash because looking at yours I have WAY TOO MUCH. lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must feel fabulous going into the holiday season! I just signed up to sell at our LSS in March so packing up things to sell or donate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A necessary chore with great rewards, kind of like a new beginning...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...