Monday, July 11, 2016

Art Journaling, Local Scrapbook Store Fun, and a Crop!

Hello there!

I have a fun little art journaling video to share with you today:

In my last video I mentioned that I am finding my groove with a more painterly style... leaning more towards a nod to abstract realism. You can see me playing with that here. There is a small portion of my process where I forgot to hit record... oops! So, what you don't see is my doodling of scribbles, then filling them in with gelatos. I also painted a very primitive house.

Thanks for watching!

A NOTE: I have had many lovely requests for more in-depth videos, talking through my process, and explaining how I draw my faces... please know that I have plans to work on an Art Journaling Mini Class... hopefully available in the next few month. Thank you!

I had a ton of fun with this spread!



This week, I also had the pleasure of attending my first, "in real life." class at my Local Scrapbook Store (Paper Dreams in Kennesaw, GA)
It was a Bible Journaling class and as I have never done this before, it was really fun!
The instructor showed several ways she used their chosen stamp of the month and then we all just played!

Here you can see what I did:
You might notice, I didn't do mine in my Bible... I don't have a Bible Journal, so I created this to use as a tip-in/bookmark.

I also got to play in my Documented Life Project this week, at a birthday crop that a dear friend of mine hosted for several of us with July birthdays...
You can see me putting some Buttons Galore and More goodies to use there!

I also worked on some scrapping and art journaling and will share more of that soon!





5 comments:

  1. I'm a July birthday, too! Happy birthday. Enjoy. I'm so happy to see you continuing to work on classes. Awesome, awesome. And art journaling???!!! Cool, Ashli, very cool. I love the beautiful bookmark, too. As always, I'll catch the video later in the day. Just wanted to say I'm thrilled to hear about a new class. Good luck with it. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! A scrapbook store in Kennesaw now. Wish I still lived there. I hated it when Archivers shut down. I'm sure taking a class with you in person would be a lot of fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate! I love that you are going to do a class on your art journal/painting style! It really has been fun on this side watching your art journaling evolve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Another class by you.....can't wait! Hey, I went to a crop that was on my birthday too. Happy Birthday, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...