Monday, May 23, 2016

A New Blogging Plan, A Video, and Sneaks...


I posed a question recently on Instagram…


“Do You Still Read Blogs?”

I had a myriad of interesting responses, but the largest consensus was that NO, people are not reading blogs. It seems Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube have taken precedence for the preferred method of creative inspiration.

I can’t say that I disagree! The amount of creative blogs that I read has certainly dwindled over the last couple of years. Why? Well, I want to see the work of creative people that I admire. More often than not, that work is now available faster via Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.

Now, that is not always the case. And when it is not, those are the blogs that I still read!

Now a couple people brought up the interesting point that if they see something on Instagram, they are not able to easily pin it to Pinterest. Ah HA! Good point indeed!

So, why am I babbling on and on about this?

Well… it’s time for a bit of a revamp/rethink of the blog of your’s truly!






For the most part, I am now moving towards ONCE A WEEK posting. Monday, to be specific. My weekly post will include a recap of the prior week’s activities on my other various forms of sharing around the inter-webs… Instagram, YouTube, etc…

I will also include various ramblings of my creative ponderings and such.

Now, will I sometimes post more often? Of course! I am always about being flexible.

SO, without further adieu… let’s get on to this week’s post, shall we?

First up, I have a video to share with you that posted while I was enjoying some unplugged time…











And here is what I have been up to in the studio…






Did you see some Cocoa Daisy sneaks in there?

Kits reveal this Saturday night! Hope to see you there…

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. I'm really happy if you post every week....I'm your fan and not only of your blog of course.
    I love read (if I understand because I'm italian...) the thougts about the creative ladies that I follow...
    I think that Pinterest and Instagram are a great instrument now but...1.there is not a real contact, while blog is the house of each other...and I love feel a human touch, a human approach
    2. they seem to me a picture supermarket...too fast, too aseptic. Yes, it's a great shop window but then? I'm curious, I like to know the process, the creative spirit of you!
    Ok, sorry for my long long thougts!!
    I hope to be clear dear Ashli, continue to post when you want!!
    Kisess
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can't say I don't understand, I do. But I don't do Instagram, I see it but don't have one to leave a comment, there isn't really a point to have one, plus it only feeds my people have more then me syndrome. That being said, I'll continue to come here, as long as you will. Understand I'm in the minority, but I read blogs. And I admit, I don't comment on every one. There are ones that I do every time, and I'm sure they wish I wouldn't... I sometimes don't have smart scrappy design stuff to say. I get the fast paced eye candy of life right now, but really I'd like to take my time to savor a blog post or a video of my favorites, especially you. But I get it. There sometimes isn't any point in posting more often, like how I feel about the other mediums. I use Pinterest very intentionally. On most of my pins, I've left specific comments as to what and why I pinned said layout, and I only go on there when I'm on my own page, looking for something I pinned specifically for whatever inspiration. And I went on a tangent. Guess I think differently. I need to come back tomorrow to check out the video, the art journal page is absolutely lovely. Thanks for sharing, and looks like an awesome kit,too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Francesca. I may not read all the blog postings but I love to look at the videos you put out and seeing the process. Instagram is great for the final result but you can't zoom in and see details or see how an artist gets from point A to B. I'm glad that you are still going to be doing a weekly post. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashli! I just discovered your painting videos. Love your work. I enjoy watching your process as I am learning how to paint and draw. You are a great inspiration. I like to see the different supply's you use in all the layers. Your work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...