Monday, April 4, 2016

Art. Paint. Journal. Play... Exploring and Scribbling...

Hello! I have two videos to share with you today...

First up:

For this spread, I wanted to explore the idea of a touch of realism mixed in with more of a surreal or fantasy driven look. So, while the girl is clearly more imaginary, I played with making her eyes look more towards the side of realism. And, while the flower is more on the realism side, the stem and leaves are not. (well, at least this is as realistic as i get!) It was an interesting thing to play with. I love the idea and want to push it further :)

Oh, and pie charts. I love pie charts. Something about a drawing that portrays numbers.... I just love them.





Next up...
In the last video, I played with the idea of combining realism with more abstract elements. I am playing with this more here and trying to push the idea a bit further. The scribbles provided shapes for me to enhance towards the end of the page and I had a ton of fun playing with that.

Also, I kinda forgot about journaling and when I thought about it, I felt like the page had enough going on, so this one doesn't have any messy writing.





Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


5 comments:

  1. Your videos and art journal pages are just too gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli, I just love seeing how much fun you are having!! Your faces are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you discovered faces, it's been a pleasure seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your work. I love everything you do. The faces are so expressive, so beautiful. And who can resist an awesome pie chart? Really love your work. :) Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...