Friday, February 12, 2016

The Documented Life Project... 2016!

I've followed this project since the beginning. But, I have never actually jumped in to participate. 

Ahhhh... but this is the year! 
Not only do I love the combination of art journal meets planner, but the community of inspiration is over the top!
I am taking a very different approach than the lead artists. However, that is one of the things that attracted me most to this year's "unPlanner" - it is SO customizable! The other thing that put me over the edge and encouraged me to join in this year was the fact that a sweet friend is doing it too! We have such fun texting back and forth about our progress.

Ok, back to my approach...
I knew that if I tried to do each and every bit of the inspiration offered, I would fall behind, burn out, and get frustrated. So, I am adapting it to what I know will be easy for me to accomplish.

What is so different about what I am doing? Well, instead of a small binder, I am using an 8 1/2 x 11 Tim Holtz Folio. 

I created an accordion binding and adhered a monthly calendar within each slot. The accordion is then threaded with a ribbon. This allows it to completely expand, or completely contract. I am really excited about how it's coming together!

I am also using the calendar view to just journal and paint random bits throughout the month. I'm not relating to it so much as a literal calendar. 
This project also includes the creation of lots of ATC type cards. This is a new format for me and I am enjoying it!

With January under my belt, I am really excited to keep forging forward! I will keep you posted...
And, I am sharing lots of little snippets along the way, via Instagram too! 



6 comments:

  1. Cool! Love those folios, have to check them out. I saw something about this too, I'll keep an eye out on what you're doing, I don't have an instagram, but will look at yours from your blog from time to time. I love seeing what you are doing. :) michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your unPlanner is fabulous! Awesome that you joined us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your unPlanner is fabulous! Awesome that you joined us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Will love to follow your journey this year. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love your unplanner! Well named, and looks like you are having so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your work! Miss the DLP. Participated for two years, but had to make a different choice this year when a cost was added. Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...