Friday, January 1, 2016

Trying New Things...

Happy New Year!

I have been trying new things in my crafting lately, and I plan to continue on as such! I love learning and challenging myself and what better way is there to bring in a New Year?

So what have I been trying?

Well, lots of art journaling, for one! I have gone back and forth with this in the past. I have always enjoyed it, and really enjoy looking at other people's journal spreads. But, for some reason the bug has never really completely bitten me. Ahhh.... but that changed! I really don't know what prompted the change, but it happened and I'm embracing it!

Here are a couple of recent spreads...

Let's Face It...

I've also been playing around with some book binding! Once again, I always LOVE seeing pretty bindings from other crafters, but just never really took the time to properly try it. Well, it's NOT as easy as it looks! But, the results are really fun!

So, what else have I been up to? Well... a little up-cycling!


Up next? Gelli printing! Another thing I have always wanted to try and just never took the time to learn/invest in. I will share more about this later, but for now... here are some packages that I wrapped in Gelli printed Deli paper...

And speaking of Mail Art, I had a ton of fun painting up this package...
And finally, I participated in my first ATC swap recently and it was super fun!
Here's to a wonderful 2016 and trying new things!







3 comments:

  1. Nice views of your ever evolving creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blooming Brilliant! Love all of the wonderful creative things you have been up to! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Ashli. Enjoy seeing your art journal pages. Would love to see more of coptic book binding, I'm still not sure on that, and your gelli printing. Have an awesome year. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...