Friday, January 8, 2016

Trying New Things... Painted Junque Journal

I mentioned recently that I have been trying new things. Well, one of those things was binding together my own junque/art journal.

I am super inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's junque journals and she even has an online class that teachers her very method! While I didn't take her class, I was very inspired by the aesthetic of her books...

So, using an old oversized Smash Book cover, I set about attempting to bind together and tape up my journal...

And then, I started painting on the cover...

Until I had something to the effect of this...

This book is HUGE. Do you remember the old oversized SMASH books? I think it is 11x14 or something close to that. Lots of room to get creative!

It also has a reused market bag as a pocket on the inside... and that note you see is the explanation of this journal to my friend... this was her Christmas gift, you see.

Mr. Clean even made it in...


I hope this inspires my friend to create...




Here's to trying new things!

3 comments:

  1. Great cover (great gift)! Love the touches that make it your own in soapHousemama style, the thin scribbly blank and white lines, background colors, etc. Love her eyelashes and feather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL! Your talent is seemingly endless. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal and gift! How can she not be inspired....thank you for sharing your talent. Love all the texture, scribblies and painterly touches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...