Tuesday, June 16, 2015

#FlipScrapGo

Last week, I posted a couple of questions on Instagram...

Of course, if you are here... I know the answer to this question. AND... I thank you very, very much for being one of my lovely and loyal readers! It truly means the world to me!

As you might imagine, and as I suspected, most of my Instagram followers commented that they really are relying more and more on Instagram for their online interaction and inspiration. I can't say that I blame them. While I do still read blogs, I find myself keeping up with my favorite crafty people via the Instagram platform. 

It seems that people are making less and less time to sit down at a computer and surf blogs. Most of our reading is done on a mobile device these days and if you are reading blogs on your mobile, it is somewhat difficult to comment. Instagram provides a quick and easy peak, as well as a quick and easy commenting platform.

So... a few hours after posting the above question, I posted this next question...



While this question prompted some more diverse answers, the general consensus was still the same... short videos. The emphasis being on short. 

And, I can totally relate to this as well! It takes a fair amount of time to put together a lengthy video, much less watch one.

Ah - but there is a time and a place for all of it, yes? There are times when I am looking for the longest video I can find so that I have something to play while I happily scrap away. There are other times when I really do want a quick fix, just a few minutes long, to glean some inspiration and move on.

So, what is my point?

Well... technology is ever changing and I think it's important to adapt and change accordingly! 

And that brings me to my new type of process "videos..."

#FlipScrapGo

#FlipScrapGo is essentially a photo slideshow of a process that I will be posting periodically on Instagram. 



In fact, this is what I said in my very first post of a #FlipScrapGo, that corresponds to the above video:

"I asked, you answered! And now... The first of hopefully many #FlipScrapGo insta processes. Sometimes I will share a full start to finish, sometimes just a part of the process... But they will all be tagged #FlipScrapGo - Sometimes we don't have time to watch a whole video, read a whole blog, etc... But lots of us are finding ourselves getting inspiration right here on Instagram! Don't worry... I'll still be blogging and youTubing too... This is just another way of sharing and adapting to the ever changing Internet. Yay fun!
In this #FlipScrapGo watch me finish off a mini created with @cocoa_daisy #ditl cards... And watch as I scrap it on a 12x12! Thanks for watching!"


And here are more details of the above project:







Ah - but, not to worry... as I said in the above Instagram blurb, I will still be YouTubing (in fact, the #FlipScrapGo videos will be uploaded there as well) and blogging. This is just another way of sharing and I am super excited about it!

Take a look at some of the other projects I have shared this way...

 

Time for another #FlipScrapGo - take a look as I make a Father's Day card using leftover project life cards. Thanks for watching!





Using my first attempt at a handmade stencil to play with #dylusions paints in my #discbound #artjournal for this #FlipScrapGo - I just love the way these paints layer! That yellow is softly showing through the thicker layer of white, almost like an ink would. Such fun and unexpected results! Now... Off to try this on a layout. Thanks for watching!




In this #FlipScrapGo watch as I put a dent in some of my alphas using a mosaic inspired technique - thanks for watching!









I am also finding the Instagram platform exponentially easier to interact with all of you on! It is so easy to comment to someone directly and I really love that instant interaction!

The other interesting thing to note is that, up until now, my content has always originated elsewhere and I have pointed you back to it via Instagram (I think this is the most common ways Instagram has been used by others as well). But, times are changing! These post will actually originate on Instagram and I will then point you to them via this blog. Ah - the ever changing ways of technology in this brave new world, yes? 

So, if you don't yet follow me on Instagram, be sure you do so that you can see more of these as I post them.

And, if you aren't an Instagram user, as I previously mentioned, I will be posting all of my #FlipScrapGo videos to this blog too!

See you soon!
 

7 comments:

  1. Ashli, I agree with you and am glad you addressed this. I love Instagram and how easy it is to post and comment! Thank you for pointing out Flipagram, that is so cool! I have to do more of that. Gorgeous projects, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! This world we live in...its ever changing! I love everything you do!!! So long videos, short videos, blogs, pics or Instagram...I'll be there!!!
    Oh and I don't know why I didn't think to follow you on Instagram until now! Just followed you now!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashli, what an awesome idea! Just followed you on Instagram. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to see the slow death of blogs.......the Flipagrams go by so quickly and I love to savor and return to photos for inspiration especially on your blog. And I know the time you must devote to writing, posting photos & videos on your blog. I thank you for that! Guess I will have to bite the bullet and set up an Instagram account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love the blogs...always will I think :) I am really loving Periscope ...broadcasts live and saves the video for 24 hours Following you on instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog a few months ago, but have already gone through like a year back! When I'm out of the country I tend to always check blogs, emails, fb and instagram on my phone (I take screen shots if I find something really interesting). When at home reading blogs on the computer is easier and I like it because the pictures are bigger and you can see all the details. Also, I like the Flipscrapgo thing!

    And lastly, I can't believe how brave you were to cut the Thickers into little pieces! Really thinking outside of the box. Maybe I'll be brave like that some day too! :)

    Lovisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't know. (Oh, I'm sorry I have been behind lately, a little crazy for me.) I don't have an instagram account, I'm not tech savvy and don't know how to post pics, not that I'd have much to share. I do look on instagram, I do, and I like to see pretty pics, but I love your blog! I get it though, life moves at a fast clip, and you have to roll with it. I really love your art journal. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...