Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sage and Mint

Sage and Mint are the lovely colors of the May Cocoa Daisy kits! The subscriber reveal was last night and kits go on sale to the general public on May the first.

With the perfect mix of soft greens and bold blacks, this kit had my name written all over it! Oh - and Cocoa Daisy is trail blazing the kit club industry yet again... this time with Build Your Own Add-Ons! (BYOAO)

I think we have all been there... you see ONE things you must have in a kit add-on and fork out money for the whole shebang, because you can't live without that one precious thing! Right? Right. Well, those days are over.... now you can pick and choose exactly what you want. Oh, and the best part is that all the items have been selected to coordinate with the main kit. So, it is totally error proof!

For this month, I selected the Main Kit, the DITL (Day in the Life) Kit, the Planner Kit and for my add-ons I went with My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots and the Fancy Pants Die Cut States.

Oh - and can I just mention how awesome the Main Kit stamp set is??? Well, I might be a little partial as the messy circles were made from my messy doodles :)

So, enough of my yappin' - let's take a look at what I came up with from the aforementioned goodies:

I always open my DITL kit first as the cards will often prompt a page...
Like this one...

And since Mother's Day is just around the corner, I had to put the stamp set and some of the cut files to use on this card...

This month's kit also prompted several mixed media collages...

While the planner kit prompted this fun card....

Those die cut states? They put my geography skills to the test for this page...

For this next page, I had fun "stacking" squares of the planner pages...

And for this one, I put the scribble stamp to use again with some embossing on the gorgeous constellation paper, exclusive to Cocoa Daisy this month...

Lots of the DITL cards came together to form this mini album....

 It's all ready to take on our upcoming vacation!
Oh, and did I mention how much I love the DITL kits? That cassette tape card is just one reason why...

More scribble stamps....

And a little love for "Simon"...

This card came together with some leftover bits...

And last, but certainly not least....
My first ever layout on a colored cardstock background!
It also happens to be my first layout ever to incorporate ribbon in a successful way...

In fact, I think it is my favorite from the bunch!

It's always good to try new things. Speaking of trying new things, be sure to check out my recent post on how using a kit has changed the way I scrap.

Be sure to head on over to Cocoa Daisy and subscribe!



6 comments:

  1. Ashli: I drooled over the gallery last night, especially your cards, layouts and mini. Then today I came here and saw the first layout, said to myself: This is my favorite, then saw the card, no this is a favorite (love the bee), then the mixed media piece, then I fell in love with the notepad card (cracked me up), what you did with the states is pure genius, love your use of the planner sheets, who does not love embossed circles and oh my! that mini is so stinking cute, glad that Simon has a home now, XOXO that card and finally your clever use of ribbon........Thank you for posting these! I cannot thank you enough for your inspiration. Your gals are so lucky to have you for a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what awesome projects! Love the light airy feel! So fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what awesome projects! Love the light airy feel! So fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Wow! Just WOW!!! Love, love, love what you have done with this sage and mint!! Love your scribbly circle stamp, cards, layouts, collages...can't choose a fave. Once again, you astound me with all this abundance of creative energy!,

    ReplyDelete
  5. These layouts are absolutely beautiful. The album you are making, the advice for your girls, they are among my favorite layouts. I agree your projects have a light feel, even with the layering. So sweet, and pretty. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...