Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My Loves 2015 and a Look Back...

In 2012, I was inspired to make a mini book. I wasn't sure what I was going to put in it, but I had quite a bit of Valentine stash sitting on my desk, so taking a nod from Amy Tangerine's Daybooks, I crafted up a little mini. 

Since I had filled this little book with lots of Valentine goodness, it seemed only fitting that I make it a little Valentine Mini. That idea prompted me to journal about each of my family members... my husband, and my three children (at that time), and to write about what I was loving about them at that very moment. 

This was one of the first few mini books I ever made. I was so excited about how it turned out, but I was also nervous to share it online. I hadn't been sharing for very long and well, I was long from developing a confidence in my work. Holding my breath, I uploaded it to Two Peas. Well, a few hours later... they tweeted about it. Oh my! You would have thought I had won the lottery. I was SO excited! Would you believe I still have a screen shot saved of that tweet? 

Silly? Maybe. But, I will be totally honest in saying that it really gave me so much confidence to propel forward with my work and sharing it. 

To this day, that first "My Loves" mini is still my most pinned project and the pin that leads the most people to my blog.

So... the following year, I decided to make another one of these little Valentine minis. And thus, a tradition was born.

This year marks the fourth time making one of these. I crafted it up this time using the Cocoa Daisy February Kits. But, more on that in a minute. First... let's take a quick look back...


What I love almost as much as creating these, is looking back at them... to read about my little ones at that time, and to see how the family has grown...

Just look at my now 9 year old...
And this girl... growing up right before my eyes...
And how about seeing the third little girl, just a baby in the first book...

And my youngest... who's first appearance was just last year, in the form of an ultrasound picture...
It is truly a joy to have this archive of my little ones...
I have to say, it's also kinda fun to see the progression in both my scrapping style and my project photography skills :)

If you would like to see more details and info on the past minis, you can take a look at these posts:


Now... let's take a closer look at the 2015 version, shall we?

 I picked up an old Franklin Covey Planner at the thrift store for $2.40...
It was so fun altering it! I used white paint, mist, and adhered all my embellishments down with Perfect Paper Adhesive.
All of the little pockets on the inside were perfect for tucking in little journaling cards and tags...
As previously mentioned, I used lots of Cocoa Daisy goodies in this, including some of the planner kit items...
 The tabs on the exclusive planner stickers were perfect...
 As were the hearts...
 I tucked some journaling in one of the muslin bags included with the kits...
 And put some of the exclusive Day In The Life cards to use...
 Isn't that bunny sticker the cutest? 
 Lots of journaling tucked in...
 And some more of the exclusives put to use...
 This interactive journaling packet lives inside of a glassine bag...
 More layers...
 And awesome wood veneer action...
 With a bit more journaling...
 Oh... I can't get enough of those veneers...
 And there it is! All packed into a fun little planner turned mini book...

I had more fun putting this together and I can't wait until next year, when I will do it all again!

Thanks for joining me. Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. These albums are so sweet Ashli! And what an awesome deal on the 2015 planner! Love the way you altered it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful albums and isn't funny how scrapbooking changes and evolves. Boy that planner reminded me of days gone by when I my day was driven by that FC planner. I can honestly say I don't miss it. I love all your styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so gorgeous all laid out together. What a superb idea to alter that planner, very clever. You have some awesome treasures now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your "loves". These are treasure for sure with all the interactive pieces. Love, love, love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful.... your kids will just cherish it in years to come. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I absolutely adore your minis. They are made with so much heart, that comes thru in your work. Your photos are stunning. Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing them. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love what you created using the old planner~ Great idea! Time flies doesn't it? Such sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to look back :) I remember each of those books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool!!! What an awesome little book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...