Thursday, February 12, 2015

Faux Watercolor and A Little Slice of Heaven...


Isn't this cloud cut a little slice of heaven? I just love it and it sparked this page...
The fabulous cloud is from CATfile as is this cute little printable. Notice the "watercolor" effect? More on that below...
This adorable tic-tac-toe cut is also from CATfile. In fact, it's a freebie! And that cloud printable? It has the "watercolor" effect too! 
So, what's the deal with that? Well, it's a bit of faux watercolor. I simply took my ink-jet printed image and splattered some plain water on it. The water makes the ink run and... insta painterly effect... sans the paint! Fun!



I put the same technique to use on my February Family Portraits Spread. And, see that fun little house/arrow cut? It's another great one released this month over at CATfile. I used it to hold my journaling...
And every little interactive journaling flap needs a miniature tic-tac-toe board don't you think?
For more info on the Family Portraits Project, you can see this post. I am having so much fun with it, and would love you to join us over at CATfile! The prompts and sketches for each month really have me scrapping things I normally wouldn't. And for me, that is always a win!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Love these layouts! How cool, the journaling in the arrow cut file. You're very clever. I love the pretty clouds too, and mixed with your style, so lovely. Have a great weekend. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot, that interactive card is ingenious. So awesome.

      Delete
  2. Incredible!! I loooove that you added water to the printable! Genius. And it looks so cool! Love love love the cut files too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...