Thursday, January 8, 2015

Oh Brother...

Hello, hello! Happy Friday!

If you follow me on Instagram, you have already seen that I was asked to join the CATfile Store Design Team!

To be honest, they were completely new to me and they may be to you as well. So, let me tell you more...

Firstly, when you head over there to check it out, you might notice the wonderfully whimsical, yet modern design aesthetic to their printables and cut files. At first glance, I was intrigued. But, as you might know... I do not have a digital die cutting machine. I emailed Mira and let her know that I loved her designs and was so complimented to be asked, but that I wouldn't be able to because I didn't have the right machine. 

Would you know that she offered to cut the designs and send them to me!?!? From POLAND! Wow, so sweet!

So, I replied with a resounding "YES," and we set the details in motion.

Then Christmas came....And, I got a Brother Scan 'N Cut! Oh yes, yes I did!!!

If you have been reading here for some time, you know that the reason I don't have a Silhouette is because I have no interest in having to design on or start up my computer before I head to the studio. 

Well, the Scan 'N Cut is a digital die cutting machine that STANDS ALONE! As in... NO COMPUTER ATTACHED! Whoooot!

And, it will even cut SVG, PNG, JPG, etc... through the handy dandy online conversion software and a simple USB drive. 

Oh, and it can take almost anything that you can scan in and converts it immediately into a cut file. 

I am so IN LOVE!

Ok, enough of that gushing, let's get back to the details about CATfile, shall we?

So, they are a husband and wife team out of Poland and they create the most lovely little collections of coordinating printables and cut files. All of their collections are released for a limited time. I love this! It keeps things fresh, new and fun.

Mira, the lovely lady behind said CATfile has also dreamed up a great new project for 2015, Family Portraits. You can read more about it on the CATfile blog here.

While I am not one for the chronologically dictated Project Life style of scrapping, I am really excited about this project!

It combines super fun prompts within the timeline of a year to help you create your own little album all about what your family means to you right now.

For January, the prompts began with introducing your family members and talking a bit about their nicknames and hobbies. How fun is that?

I was up on the CATfile blog earlier this week with my Intro and January spread. So, let's have a look at how I have started out with this project:

I plan to use a 6x8 Handbook album for this and here is my intro page, using the Word Cut files and several of the printables:




Next up, is my spread for January...

How cute is the little January tab cut file? It's also available in the CATfile Store:

 The you and me cut file was perfect to lay across these printables and stitch down...
And, I put my mixed media hat on for the right side of the spread, layering up some paint with lots of the printable tags...

I am loving how this came together and I can't wait to add to this book on a monthly basis. I would love it if you would join me in this year-long project. Just think of what an amazing album you would have at the end!

Oh, and if you don't have a digital cutting machine, don't let that stop you! There are so many pretty printables, you really could use those on their own. Also, before I had a digital cutting machine, I would take the cut files and just print them out to use like a printable. See? Lots of options!

Head on over to CATfile to get all the details, including how to connect with others who are participating in this project, and to check out their lovely Store!


Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hah Ashli You're the best!! Thank you for that post! Again-Your works are just incredible!! Loveeee,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Ashli, so thrilled you've been chosen for another great design team. Awesome Christmas gift, too. I don't have one, but I do love my printables so I will go check them out. Your album is so lovely and inspiring. I will enjoy watching it unfold. Cute girls. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Ashli...wow! You work wonders with anything, and I am always in awe of your projects. Your new machine sounds incredible! I'm looking forward to seeing your projects with this new team! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very intrigued by this concept! I have a goal to take pics of my kids-all 5 together more often. and for years I've been meaning to do a year in review LO. I think I can work the 3 ideas together . . .

    Sorry about that ramble! That cutting machine seems so awesome! Beautiful pages as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not surprised that they asked you to join their DT, your work is always beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again! You really are a talented and wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I've looked around their site and your talent is a perfect match for this outstanding concept. I don't have a cutting machine but I see possibilities for some of these files. I love this style.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...