Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Looking back...

Hi there!

In my last post, I mentioned that I would be back soon to share a tutorial for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. Well... today is the day!

I'm revisiting an old, but favorite, technique and I hope you will pop on over and check it out!

But, before you go...

All of this talk about the Good 'Ol Days has me looking back at some older pages as I ponder my personal style (more on that soon). The following layouts date back to 2011/2012 and I really have had more fun remembering some favorite designs and techniques that I used to use. It's amazing to look back at one's style evolution too!

Like banners. I used to use them all the time... they are a great way to use up little scraps! I should do that more often!
And, they don't have to be traditional shapes, either. I must do another banner of cameras! FUN stuff!
 Scrapping on canvas? YES! That is always a good time...
 And raw chipboard. I love raw chipboard... especially with stitching...
 Diagonals! I forget to do this. I should remember.
 Not only with paper, but with washi and stamping too!
Unconventional Materials... Fabric! I have lovely scraps of fabrics and really should use them!
Layers. I use them all the time. But, I tend to scrunch them all up. This is a great reminder that they look good all spaced out too...
 Mist. I have stopped masking and spraying. It can really look cool! I should try that again...
 Kraft and pink, it is a lovely combination and I don't use it enough...
 Rainbows! And punches. Note to self: do that more...
 Speaking of rainbows....
 Stars and sequins? LOVE it!
Strips of paper...Lots of strips layered under one photo. I love the impact of pattern utilizing this and need to remember to do it more...
 Twine stapled in strips... This breaks up the embellishments nicely!
And this last layout reminds me to use my watercolors in more intentional ways. I need to try more specific shapes in addition to color washing...

Well, that was a fun trip down memory lane! Thanks for coming along :)
It's also fun to notice things that I still do to this day... pen lines, doodles, stitching, little bits of scraps, and mist drops.

OK! Now... go check out that tutorial on the Simon Blog.

See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the trip down memory lane and the inspiration to go back, revisit the techniques and use them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous, inspiring pages! I'm all signed up for May Flaum's class and looking forward to sitting down to watch your videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay!!! Let me know what you end up creating! I would love to see :)

      Delete
  3. you are so awesome! Loads of inspiration.. love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring. They are really all great choices and they're beautiful. I'll check out the video on Simon's blog in the a.m.. I'm excited to see s video, looking forward to it. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking back...old photos from 60's and 70's :) My albums really do the same and bring smiles and laughter of when stickers were all the rage! lol I was so proud of those pages! I remember many of these pages on the blog today and it's pretty neat to have a few ideas to go and revisit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Love your pages, and love this retrospective! You are just so creative and inspiring. I love how many different ideas and techniques you use on your pages -- and each one is so uniquely and beautifully you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much loveliness! I love that camera banner :)
    It's so fun to look back at older pages. But these are so pretty that I don't think they could ever feel "dated" like some of my older pages (lol)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...