Monday, October 20, 2014

Turning Anything into Something...

Hello, hello! It's Monday and that means we have a new challenge waiting for you at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. This week, anything goes!

I just love turning nothing into something, anything...
And one of my favorite ways to do that is with my ever-growing pile of scraps!

It was such a delight, piling up and gathering all of the random bits and scraps laying around on my desk...

And adding lots of paint, string, and of course... clouds...

To create a little canvas of houses!



Now it's your turn! Don't forget to link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list (keep in mind, that a majority of my project was lots of leftover papers. I have linked to my most used collections of patterned papers to help you in your selection, if you don't have a scrap problem like I do :) )




18 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the soft touches of paint, the paper layering, the houses, and of course, the clouds. Pretty. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little houses! If anyone can layer, it is you! Great idea for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a scrappy genius! Love these layers (you've totally inspired me to try and get my layers on) and as always, I adore the whimsical slant (ha, ha- literally) that you've given your houses in this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your emails stopped coming for awhile. Glad you're back :-)
    This is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea for using your scraps, Ashli!! Love the cute little houses on your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your canvas creations! Great way to clear the scraps out of your stash and make some pretty art too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a darling, light and whimsical piece of art-I just LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm something went wrong with posting my comment... second attempt: What a wonderful canvas! The little houses are so lovely. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always turn your 'scraps' into the most amazing layouts and for once I got chance to follow your lead on this challenge! Thank you for sharing your creative genius. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty! Love the soft color palette and all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this so much. I can't get my eyes off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This project caught my eye right away. I love "little houses" and yours are so whimsical. A real delight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the beautiful layers and cute houses. Your layout is fabulous, Ashli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layers are the best layers of the world! I love your layout, they are always soft and beautiful! Wonderful! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the whimsy of this...wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whimsical charm! Love the layering of those scraps into a charming village!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty and I love how you've used all the scraps to create such wonderful layers, Ashli ~ it's fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing project, love the clouds and the thread!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...