Thursday, October 23, 2014

Playing Cards...

I am loving my Project Life Kit from Studio Calico. Not only is it so fun to receive a monthly package of goodness, but I am finding that the cards are great prompts for my scrapping!

Recently, I took a few moments to print out some pictures I wanted to scrap, and to pull some cards from my kits to get me going on some layouts...

The first thing I did was sort through and make piles of the cards that were my favorites...
 ... and started matching up cards to photos...
... Loving how there are just the perfect things hiding in those kits! Like that little envelope with the red closures? Perfect with that train picture!
Here's a shot of my desk, mid process. It's a hot mess, I know... but trust me, this is a very productive state!
 See? The fruits of my labor! Look at all those little photos ready to go with matching cards! YAY!
So, of course... I had to get scrapping!

First, I made this...
I loved putting one of the My Mind's Eye 8x10 print designs to use on this page...
And then, I scrapped up this little page...
So fun! And, a great way to get the mojo going!

Have a great weekend! See you soon!

9 comments:

  1. love your process! it's really unique but so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smiling photo is absolutely darling. What a treasure!
    Your beautiful layout showcases it well. Love it!

    I've been getting the Studio Calico kits as well. I love their stamp sets.they've been so fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed this post Ashli:) What a precious nugget ...time sure does fly! Love the MME page too! Very innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea and wonderful pages, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this process! I have oodles of PL cards and really need to get using them. I've been more about making my own so there the pre-made ones sit, LOL! Totally diggin' the pie chart on your first page and the movement it provides with the stars and arrows down to your photo. The second page...well my goodness what is there not to love?? Can't believe how big your lil' lady is getting already! She is adorbs to the max just like all your other pretty lil' ladies and I'm pretty smitten with all the deer. I've pondered picking up a sub to SC PL kit for a bit and this may have just put me over the edge...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pie chart. That's one of many things at the top of my list for inspiration. Great use for the pl cards. Your photos are always so beautiful. She is such a cutie! Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layouts, Ashli! I love the fun pie chart on your first page and the grid design on your second page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--so creative & wonderfully showcases your great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great process you have to put your photos with you papers.
    Your pages are lovely and you got so much done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...