Monday, October 6, 2014

Just in Time For Fall...

Hello, hello! It's Monday and that means we have a new challenge waiting for you at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  This week, we are all about fall!

Fall is my most favorite season and I love an opportunity to craft about it! For this layout, I have chosen a photo of a blanket that I just finished for one of my girls. This one was slow going and was supposed to be done a year ago. But hey... at least I finished it just in time for fall, right?


So... with my embossing folder and die cut at the ready, let's scrap!
First I die cut, then I embossed these leaves. Now for some watercolors...
With those all dry, it's time to figure out my page composition. I really like the colors of the leaves, so I simply want to add in some gold accents and keep the rest of the page simple...
These rub-ons should come in hand too!
A little gold vellum down the side, rub-ons in place, and leaves stitched on ... this is coming together...
Some finishing touches of wood vaneer...
And there we have it!
Love working with these fall colors....
I can't wait to see how you interpret fall this week!

Don't forget to link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)



21 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Ashli!!! Love the softness of the watercolors with the gold elements...beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, both the layout and blanket. I admire your talents. And I love the color combination as well. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours, and as always a gorgeous layout! I love the embossing and watercolouring on the leaves, and your blanket is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your muted approach to this theme, Ashli! The cozy photo makes it all the more fun & appropriate! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft colouring you've achieved on this layout, it's fresh and delicate. Thanks for giving me some much needed inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Ashli! I love the water colors on the leaves and the stitching you added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty Ashli! Love the non traditional fall colors! So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, Ashli! The soft colors are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love love love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute layout! Love those leaves and the soft blues! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous page! Love how you did the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely layout! Love the beautiful soft colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SooOOooOOoOoooO in love with those leaves! I swear- you are single-handedly responsible for making me spend tons o' money for the materials you use so cleverly. I am thankful for that, though the wallet isn't (ha, ha).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your layout , soft color is incredible, i love your interpretation of fall!!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout, as always and I love the gorgeous muted colour palette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The delicate touch of this creates such a stunning finished product. I love that you've chosen non-traditional leaf colors. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much attention to detail, Ashli ... gorgeous colours and textures ... perfect with the lovely blanket! Lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ashli, your layouts are so incredible. I love watching reading through your process. They all start with what is in your heart and that just pours out onto the paper. Amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

    Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the soft pastels on an autumn layout! The leaves with the embossing and stitched into place are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...