Monday, October 27, 2014

It's In the Bag!

Hello, hello! It's Monday and that means we have a new challenge waiting for you at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. This week, we are talking treats...

From a sweet gift bag to making a crafty treat for a friend, making a candy inspired card or journaling about your favorite desserts – we can’t wait to see what kind of a treat you are inspired to craft this week.

Every year, I attend a fabulous cookie swap. This year, I want to have an extra special treat bag to put the hostess’s cookies in. So, let's get started with a basic brown lunch sack and an embossing folder...
 To be honest, I wasn't sure how this would work... but, it looks great! YAY!
 Now, let's spruce that up a bit with some white ink and some gelato...
 Rubbing it on...
 Adding color....
 And.... yuck. I clearly went overboard. This is proof that more of a good thing is not always better...
 So, let's do that again... this time exercising a bit more restraint...
 Ah yes! SO much better!
Now, I really think some stitching would look nice, but this wouldn't be a very functional treat bag if it was stitched shut, now would it? So, I just opened it up and took the extra front piece off my sewing machine and that allows for easy sewing...
 Likey so...
 And, ta da! As you can see, I did a little zig-zag stitch around the top too...
Now for some embellishments! Using some scraps, I want to craft up a little prize ribbon of sorts. So, I simply cut some long strips and stapled them at the top:
 Then, some wonky little circles all layered up with a few sequins create the top...
While that dries, I want to add some interest to my hanging threads. So, some more hand cut circles work great! I simply have some wet adhesive under this circle and am letting it dry on my non-stick craft mat:
 And there we have it!
 A perfect little fun and unexpected treat bag for the hostess with the mostest!
So... now it's your turn! Don't forget to link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.

Here is my supply list...



16 comments:

  1. Ashli you've created layers on your bag! You're incredible! I'm in love with this creation!!! thanks for your tutorial! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and whimsical treat bag! Love all the texture and fancy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beyond cute and fun! Congrats on your upcoming guest designer spot. You're awesome. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gelatos technique, Ashli! Very pretty! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They will love getting their cookies in see bags! You've inspired me for my cookie exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect hostess bag girlie! I know it will be well loved!! Those badges are kinda like your signature stamp...just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial (reminds me how much I wish for a way to emboss)--you've turned something ordinary into something quite unique. The whites and blues really compliment the kraft-colored bag and your stitching is whimsical and fun. Your hostess is sure to be charmed by your packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fab Ashli! I love the stitching and the look of the White ink and Gelato!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Texture on a lunch sack? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love it! Great idea too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out so cool! And as always, I got a total kick out of your write-up. I love how you included your "whoops" moments, too. It gives the rest of us hope when we see that even crafting geniuses like you make a little mistake every now and again. I really adore how this turned out and I especially love the little dangly-bob's you added around the prize ribbon. As always, I leave inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun and cute bag, Ashli. Love the beautiful colors and texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous embossing with the highlights of white and green. Beautiful! treat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful bag Ashli! Love the embossing and circles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful treat bag Ashli and I adore all the layers and texture you've incorporated into it ~ it's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...