Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Guesting with Cocoa Daisy...

Hello, hello!

I was so excited and honored when Cocoa Daisy Kit Club contacted me a few months back and invited me to be their Guest Designer for November! 
I received the Weathervane Main Kit to work with:

Let me tell you, the picture of the kit is one thing, but when I opened it up... I might have just done a little happy dance and clapped with glee, like a little school girl! 
I couldn't WAIT to hit the studio and start playing with all the goodies!
Polka Dot Doilies? YES, please!!!
So, I may have gotten a little carried away and created quite a bit...

The first thing I made? My December Album!
That red tag, combined with the doily, and an embossed image of the exclusive stamp was all the inspiration I needed to get my album created!
I am keeping it simple and streamlined this year as I plan to adhere my final album to a scrapbook page. Stay tuned for more on that :)

Next up, I put the rest of that doily to use on this page...
The colors and little bits from the Heidi Swapp Die Cut pack were perfect to tell this artsy story!

Next up, I put more of those awesome colors to use and pulled in some of the darker papers for this layout...
As you can see above, I put one of the glassine bags from the kit packaging to use as a place to tuck in my ephemera. I do love putting every little bit to use!

Did you notice that large circle wood veneer? Well, it was the inspiration for the next page...


This next page was inspired by an image I saw on Pinterest. Turns out, the colors in this kit were perfect for this idea!
 And seriously... how cute is that little stamp as the pumpkin stems?
And speaking of putting every little bit to use... I just had to use the large kraft packaging bag and the yellow tissue paper to create a fun little gift tag...
 
It's just perfect combined with a piece of the patterned paper...

This next page came together super quick! I just grabbed some of the bits and scraps on my desk and took a nod from the colors in my photo to scrap up this little page...

And, I just LOVE that "moments" title on the photo!
There were so many clear acetate die cuts included in that Heidi Swapp pack, and I was inspired to layer them up and cut out some hearts... creating some custom embellies! And, a little bit more of that brown paper bag snuck in there too... 
 And, I took advantage of the mistable alphas to highlight the "6" for my title...
Now, last, but not least... 

...a Card! See that cute little "smile" card? It is the business card that was packed with the kit. It was too cute to toss, so it made for the perfect sentiment on my card!

 Well, and that doily is pretty much perfection, yes?

Right back 'atcha, Christine! It was a blast!

Be sure to check out my Guest Gallery over at Cocoa Daisy to see more details about each project. While you are there, pick up the kit! It is amazing!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects, Ashli! You created such lovely things? I fell in love with your pumpkin layout. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats on the guest spot, Ashli! All of your projects are amazing! You rocked the Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! These are ALL amazing projects!! I love every single one of them. You have the coolest style, and your little girlies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your projects. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you created is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashli, they really picked the right guest for this amazing kit! Wow, wow, wow!! You created such beautiful projects, love the colors, your style using the kit...really, my jaw is dropping open in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. I love how you used so much of this kit, got so many projects out of it, it looks like a very lovely kit. I loved all the layouts, too, but that pumpkin one, so cute. I'd love a video! Anyway, incredibly inspiring. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  8. You so so rocked it.. love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't tell you how super excited I was when we were told you were guesting!
    Love what you created with the November kit, I was clapping with glee when I opened my box too.
    THank you for guesting and thank you for sharing your amazingness with us all

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such an amazing job with the kit. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you created and congrats on the GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...