Monday, September 22, 2014

Stenciling On Some Embellishments...

Hello, hello! It's Monday and that means we have a new challenge waiting for you at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog


Whether you stick with STAMPtember stamping or mix it up and pull out a stencil – this week we want to see how you stamp or stencil your way into crafty fun this week!

A super fun way to make the most of a stencil is to use Modeling Paste to create custom embellishments. For this week, I chose to do just that!

Using one of my favorite new Simon Says Stamp Exclusive stencils (links to supplies below), I created the flowers for the cover of my journal...

The technique for this is super easy! Simply apply Modeling Paste through your chosen stencil and let dry. Once it is all dry, cut out your shapes....
 Then, simply decorate as you please. I chose to color mine with watercolors and gelatos...
I adhered them to my canvas boards with a liberal coating of matte medium, and voila...the perfect little embellies for my journal...
A nice little place to jot things down!
So... now it's your turn!

Go get your craft on and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness .. this is just amazing Ashli!! The texture . sigh.. I can just imagine running my hand over it !! gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Love the texture and the subtle colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so pretty. You did an amazing job on the cover. Love everything, the colors you chose, the texture, the stencil, and the rest of the embellishments. Thanks for sharing your project. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! LOVE this Ashli! Such cool texture :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful texture and soft color scheme. Such gorgeous project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cover! Love the texture! Really pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. The delicacy of your color palette always captivates me, the way that you use the Gelatos amazes me! Gorgeous work! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Ashli! Love the watercolor effect and the stenciled detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Ashli! I love the texture and and how you've captured such a delicate feel and beautiful softness to this project... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous notebook Ashli!! Love your flowers, the colours and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful soft effect! i thought lovely watercolor when I first saw it and then saw the fabulous texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY super dooper cool. It always amazes me how you manage to create such whimsically wonderful things week after week. I admire how you can make these pop off the page even with a pastel palette. You have some skills, my friend! I have to tell you as a side note that I got called "Ashli" in one of my blog comments this week. A typo, I'm sure, but I took it as a compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really are a creative genius Ashli! I must try this incredibly effective idea and just cross fingers that it looks half as good as yours. LOVE the results! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...