Monday, September 1, 2014

Bold With Gold


Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

This week kicks off Stamptember at Simon Says Stamp and to get the party started, we are going bold!

Make a statement with bright ink, a large stamp, or otherwise be bold in your stamping! Whether you take a big chance in your art journal or try stamping onto a nearly finished project- we can’t wait to see.

I decided to go bold with gold. Gold embossing on one of my favorite background stamps, to be exact!
 Ooooh - pretty!
With my photo next to my embossed heart, I started layering papers and lining up embellishments...

And then got ready to punch some little hearts...
But, I suddenly realized that I did not like the direction this was going. Not one bit. The hearts were feeling clunky and the line of embellishments was feeling a bit too predictable. Plus, I am not a huge fan of pink and green together on my pages, so I'm not too sure why I went in that direction.

So, what did I do? Well, for one, I stepped away and pondered.

Then, I took the whole thing apart, tore the stamped image...
 added some die cut hearts...
 And there! Much better.
I do love a good challenge and this certainly turned out to be one!


Now it's your turn... 

Go get your craft on and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)



19 comments:

  1. This brought a big smile to my face. I had a feeling from the beginning you weren't finished with the heart stamped background. I think it's awesome. And I just love the end result. Beautiful. And beautiful photo too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet page! Love the cute picture and the golden hearts are a great touch! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page around a gorgeous little one

    x Hilda

    I've just linked mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely!!! and your baby is so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet photo and layout Ashli, and I love the touch of Gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute layout and sweet photo! Ashli. Love all those hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout Ashli! Love the cute photo and all the shimmery gold hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect way to 'frame' your beautiful little daughter. Such a great design too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!
    I have done that before.
    Taken a page in a whole different direction when it just wasn't feeling right :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty smile ! The direction this page took really showcases her little precious face and the blue-ish watercolor and gold embossed hearts just ADD to the precious"ness"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE those happy gold embossed hearts! It gives such a great vibe to your page. I love it combined with the blue and you have so many clever layers, as usual. Always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite background stamps too. The gold hearts are so sweet! Beautiful layout, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout and gorgeous baby! I love the gold embossing : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layouts are always amazing! Embossing hearts with gold are fabulous and the photo is spectacular! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout and what a beautiful smile. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an adorable and beautiful page Ashli and I love the embossed hearts, which compliment the layout perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sweet Ashli! Love the golden hearts and the photo is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a joyous layout! Fabulous photo and you added just the right touches to make it really stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...