Thursday, August 14, 2014

I Challenge You...

Yep! I have a challenge for you this week and it's over on the Studio Calico blog!
Let me tell you more...

As you may know, I just finished taking Camp Scrap with May Flaum. Her classes are always inspiring and this one was no exception! There is just something about watching her videos that always gives me the itch to scrap. Each week, we were provided with a starting point style sketch, along with plenty of ideas and inspiration. In one week of the class, she showed a video where she did a ton of sequins in a line on a card. It was GORGEOUS! Of course, I couldn't wait to try that on a layout. With the sketch of that week in my hand, I went to work and this page was made.

I have had some people ask how I adhered all the sequins down. Another tip from May... Perfect Paper Adhesive. I am new to that product and have been enjoying it. Unlike tacky glue that has a slight dimensional effect when dry, this stuff completely disappears when dry... perfect for gluing on sequins! I just ran a few messy lines of the glue along my paper and went to town. Easy!

I was honored to have this layout chosen as the Weekly Challenge! Head on over to check it out and to join in!

Have a great weekend everyone and I will see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Another stunning page from you Ashli :-) I love this pale and sparkly look, just right for your little daughter.
    Congratulations on your weekly challenge for SC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry, Ashli, about your cat.

    It was really creative to use the sequins as a border on your layout, I loved that video, too. Beautiful layout, very pretty, the photo is so cute. Congratulations on being chosen at Studio Calico. That's awesome. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...