Monday, August 25, 2014

Hand Made Kraftiness...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

Our theme this week is "witch-kraft..."


We’re a bit early with this one, but the word play combined with getting a jump on fall decor and a new color palette has us eager! What magic will you work with kraft? Or will your project be more witchy? Whether themed or color based – you can fly in a lot of directions with this one…

I'm not much for witches, but I do LOVE me some kraft. And, the best part about Kraft in my opinion, is the tone on tone possibilities that exist.


Now, to take this one step further, and drawing inspiration from a class I recently took with our fearless leader, May, I decided to play with the tone-on-tone look of some paper rolls.


 Look how cute they are in this grid!
As you can see, I also rolled a bit of patterned paper in with the kraft, so to play on this, I am trying a hand cut title using some of the same patterned paper. I also like that it adds to the handmade feel. Plus, this layout is about a present that was handmade for our little one. See? It's all tying in... love that!
OK! I have filled up my little grid and added some sketchy lines. Now, it's time for some more tone on tone action in the form of stamping. This Simon Says Khaki color is perfection when stamped on kraft!
Since I have all of this laid out and don't really want to mess things up, first I stamped my images on some scraps of kraft. Now, I am playing with placement. I like this, so it's time to go for it!
And now we are all stamped and rolled...

Wondering how I adhered these rolls down? Perfect Paper Adhesive. Another trick from May. This stuff completely disappears when it dries! Love it! So, I just put some down in my gird area, set my paper rolls on top, then took a couple of heavy tools (scissors, stapler, etc) and weighed them down until dry. Easy!
 Journaled and embellished...
 A few mists and sequins too...
 And there we have it!
Now that was some super fun hand made kraftiness, if I do say so myself :)

Now it's your turn... 

Go get your craft on and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)

20 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the criss cross design and then putting a little something in each box. This is both beautiful and inspiring . I am going to file this away to case this in a card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne has it dead on, both beautiful and inspiring, you blow me away Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! What amazing things you can do with a grid! I adore those paper rolls and you always have such a knack for pulling together all of these super-cool elements into a stunning cohesive piece. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, love the white on kraft and your little kraft rolled roses with varying heights...wonderful texture! Each little compartment has a little treasure, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love the grid action !! Super cute page with the tone on tone kraft and rolled papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Ashli! Love the grid and all the fun embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely kraft layout, Ashli! Love the dimension you added by including rolled roses :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! All the details on this layout are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling layout, Ashli! Love the kraft! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout. Love the way you used the squares - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between you and May, I'm really leaning towards trying the kraft. Wasn't drawn to it before as a background. And you were right, the kraft color ink does stamp beautifully on the paper. This layout is so beautiful. The paper rolls add dimension and so lovely. It's a beautiful blanket and photo too. I wanted to say something else but I'm sure I'll remember after I hit the submit button. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grid layouts are my very favorite. And this one is so creative. The paper twirls are fabulous. Great layout, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pretty much have no words for how gorgeous this layout is, Ashli!! WOW!! Love the rolled Kraft! The tone on tone looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am continuously blown away by your creativity!
    Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty layout Ashli! All your little homemade pieces add such a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous layout and so very pretty and I adore all the homemade embellishments and the dimension that you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am totally in awe! This is wonderful, Ashli! The rolled paper embellishments add so much interest & I love the grid design! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super super sweet (and such a blessing you have for inspiration)! Perfect Paper Adhesive is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I would stop paper crafting if I could no longer use it. Great color combo of pinks and whites with the kraft, I really admire your style.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love so much the way with you create your work! Your attention to details is totally stunning! You are a talented photographer! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally beautiful page! Fun design!
    Have a wonderful weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...