Monday, July 28, 2014

Where To Next?

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

What is our theme this week?
"J" is for July!

July, journey, jump rings, jewel tones, and journaling. This week we are challenging you to be inspired by the letter J somehow. From jewels to jade ink – there are oh so many possibilities! Be sure to tell us how you’ve been inspired by the letter J this week.
I decided to scrapbook about journeys this week. Specifically, the journeys that my husband's hobby tends to take us on. Here, I have some lovely little Webster's pages goodies, along with my photo...
I don't want to cover up too much of this gorgeous patterned paper, so I am taking a bits and pieces approach to this page...
 It's so fun layering up all of the little chipboard elements in this collection...
Since my husband's hobby is extreme power kiting, it seems completely perfect to use this little "fly" cloud, along with that kite sticker...
Now, for some mixed media fun! I want to add to the clouds, not detract... so, just a light smudging of gesso is perfection...
 Spotting around some yellow watercolor with my finger...
 Now for some texture with a bit of messy stamping...
 And some splatters never hurt either...
 Title and journaling in place...
 And there we have it!

This hobby of his really does take us on some adventures and I knew as soon as I took this picture of the back of his car, complete with his custom kite buggy rack, kiting badges, and location stickers, that it would make a great layout. I love that I now have this story told!

(oh, and in case you are thinking... extreme power kiting? what in the world? kite buggy? huh? He has a Vimeo channel :)

See? Learn something new everyday - HA!

Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see how you interpret this challenge.

Go get crafty and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)


20 comments:

  1. How fun! And such a pretty page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can not imagine how much I like to see the creation of your layout! Always beautiful! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool layout, Ashli! Love seeing your creative process! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, looks fantastic
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! I too am always inspired by how your layout comes together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat hobby! I love your layout. So creative, fun. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story to tell!!! I love that Vimeo channel ....never knew what extreme kiting was until today ! :) Is there such a thing as extreme scrapping? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really admire this! All the tiny, sweet bits have me searching the page for more goodies. I find exciting bits of color sprinkled here and there, all on a very restful background. Kite flying is something I haven't done in years (I used to be rather serious about it) and your page illustrates the experience perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely page! All the embellishments are just fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gesso really helps bring out the clouds and the whole airy theme. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of the diagonal clustering on this layout, Ashli! Awesome layout to document your hubby's hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun layout! What a great story behind the art! Love all the doo dads and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only you could scrap extreme power kiting whimsically! Love it Ashli! Most of the power kiting we see in the UK takes place along the longer stretches of sand on the coast where the wind is always up. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is so inspiring. The way you combine elements is pure magic! (Well...magic AND talent too!)
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous page Ashli! I love how you built your layout on that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, it's awesome!! Love the mixed media feeling and all the tiny details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! Love how you assembled this layout :) So many pretty colors and layers!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the style of this page! And I love that you are so supportive of your husband's interests. My hubby really loves to fly big kites, too, though not to this extreme power level! Really gorgeous and fun to see! I especially like your whimsical lines and perfectly imperfect positioning of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the story behind your page and as always, adore seeing the creative process ~ as always, this is wonderful work, Ashli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect wide open sky to start from - and an amazing story-telling page about what sounds a really exciting hobby! Gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...