Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Roundup and Recap - July 2014



Hello, hello! July is coming to an end... so, I believe it's time for a little R and R. And by that, I mean...





That's right! Welcome to the end-of-month newsletter style post, here at The Mailbox.

This is the time and place where I will share what has caught my eye around the web, things I am loving, what I hope to try soon, and more...

Let's jump right in, shall we?

This month has been all about Camp Scrap. I am loving all of the inspiration and can't stop creating! I am also really enjoying scrapbooking from a sketch. Who woulda thought?!?! I think it helps my "I have an infant and a toddler, plus 2 more and I am tired" brain. It's nice not to think too much about the design of things and to just play with doo dads on a page!

Here are a couple of pages made using the most recent sketch from Camp Scrap, as well as some of my Studio Calico Project Life Kit goodies...



Speaking of sketches, I am having fun participating in the Studio Calico community and one of the ways I am doing that is with their weekly sketch. Here is my take on this week's...

And finally, I had lots of bits leftover on my desk after a scrapping binge and they came together very quickly onto this layout. It's oddly minimal for me, I know. Trust me, I kept trying to put more on the page, but nothing seemed to work. So, I like it and I'm calling it done!

Ah - but the minimalism doesn't seem to be lasting as the current project on my desk is anything but :)

I have been following a lovely french woman's blog and her project life pages are just wonderful! I love the way she incorporates mixed media and stenciling. Her posts are in French and for some reason my Google translate won't work on her blog, but her posts are FULL of lovely images and it is always a wonderful look-see...


I keep pondering the whole "personal style" thing. Plus, that minimal layout has me pondering that even more... I am often asked about this and have thought about doing a series on that very topic. But, I just haven't quite wrapped my brain around how I would organize and approach this vast subject. 

Any requests or ideas of things you would be interested in if I were to do a series about this? I would love some input!

  • I have a couple of VERY exciting things in the works, but I can't share more yet. Let's just say the next several months are going to be fun!!!

As always, thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my your pages are so beautiful. I adore the soft pretty feel of each of them, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your monthly recaps. Firstly, I've always admired homeschooling. I thought about it seriously, but had to weigh a lot, my health, thru needs of my boys, my temperament, etc, and come to realize it wouldn't work, though I still look at homeschool blogs once in a while. I'm doing camp scrap too and been thinking about my style too. I don't have one! Not yet anyway. I'm still too busy playing around. I see a technique and want to try. I've asked a boatload of questions on the message boards and to May. Some day I'll have a style. I know what I like to do and see on my layouts. I do know it'll involve mixed media somewhere. I'd love videos demonstrating techniques or new products. I too love the softness of your layouts. Great stuff, I'm sorry to go on. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your monthly recaps. Firstly, I've always admired homeschooling. I thought about it seriously, but had to weigh a lot, my health, thru needs of my boys, my temperament, etc, and come to realize it wouldn't work, though I still look at homeschool blogs once in a while. I'm doing camp scrap too and been thinking about my style too. I don't have one! Not yet anyway. I'm still too busy playing around. I see a technique and want to try. I've asked a boatload of questions on the message boards and to May. Some day I'll have a style. I know what I like to do and see on my layouts. I do know it'll involve mixed media somewhere. I'd love videos demonstrating techniques or new products. I too love the softness of your layouts. Great stuff, I'm sorry to go on. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow ! I just discovered your R&R ... LOL , such fun and a great recap. Thanks so much. Off to discover some more from your links :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...