Monday, July 21, 2014

Nothing Says Summer Like...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

We are all about mid-summer this week! Mid-summer is a time of hot temperatures, long days, longing for more time spent by the water, and vacation. Whether your creative mind wants to take a vacation or be inspired by Shakespeare; play with a Farmer’s Market inspired paper line or stamp into a starry night frenzy – we challenge you to create and share with us.


Well, nothing says summer quite like a newborn in a swimming suit, right?
HA!
Yes, I know it is most ridiculous to put a five week old in a bathing suit, but I couldn't resist. In fact, I purchased said suit knowing full well that the only purpose it would serve was extreme cuteness that begged for a photo op.

And that's what it did! I got my photo and now it's time to scrap it...
I have my goodies gathered and those flowers on the photo (that I achieved using the Rhonna App) are inspiring me to make some floral embellishments of my own. These stamps from Simon will work perfectly!
I tried a couple of different things.... Here, you can see one that is stamped white and one in black. The white is too subtle and the black is too harsh...
Ah ha! So, I decided to do all of my stamping in black, then follow up with a soft whitewash to tone it down. It worked great and now I am going to do some coloring with watercolors...
 And there we have all of my little handmade embellies...
Now, with all of my layers in place...
 Time to place those goodies around...
 Those are all set and now it's title time...
 A little hand done pencil script...
Journaling added...


 And there we have it!
 I had more fun dotting all of these bits and pieces about the page...
I'd say that $15 swimsuit was totally worth it!!! A cute photo and a fun time scrapping...

Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see how you interpret this challenge.

Go get crafty and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)



16 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! She is a total cutie! Love the flowers you edited the photo with and on the page. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! we won't even get into how many oufits I bought that were totally impractical just for the sake of the photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute little girl! I love your page
    greetings from austria - Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is more than pretty. It's also inspiring! I love how you toned down the black with a wash of white and THEN added color. Brilliant! I had a similar dilemma recently and trashed the whole project because I couldn't get it to work. Thanks for the tip!

    And there aren't enough words to tell you how adorable your daughter is. What a precious little face! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha! Totally worth the frivolous swimming suit purchase! I love how the picture turned out and how you did the layout, too. Super clever technique to wash out some of the elements so they weren't so overpowering. I also love your sentiment and enjoy the humor and wit you incorporate into your art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet layout and photo! I really love how you painted some of the die cut pieces :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interestimng to watch your creative process.
    Love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She couldn't be anymore adorable in that swimsuit, Ashli! Love the pretty layers on this sweet page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Such a sweet photo! Love all the layered doo dads and soft color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just the sweetest-and I love all the bits and details along the left side of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious Ashli, she is adorable. The layout is beautiful too, with all the layers and sweet details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely layout, Ashli! Love the sweet picture! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet layout! The embellishments and photos are just super adorable. Love your fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty layout Ashli and the photo is precious ~ she is adorable and you've created a beautiful page for a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet layout! love how you mix in the pretty flowers and feathers! Adorable photo and what a lovely way to scrap the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is beautiful, but the picture is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...