Monday, July 14, 2014

Just a Pretty Face?

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

From face stamps to the face of a clock, cameos to silhouettes – this week we challenge you to be inspired by a face of some kind.

I was inspired by a fun Crafter's Workshop stencil to scrapbook a page about my oldest daughter. Here, I have gathered my supplies...
 First up, let's get some faces on our background using some Distress Ink and a Foam Blending Tool...
 Oh, I LOVE that! Look how fabulous that looks with her peeking out from behind the cloud... yay!
 With all my faces stenciled on, it's time to see where the real star of this show will live:
Layering up some papers...

This is one of my favorite page compositions. I love the visual tension and balance created by having one large stack of layers and the photo on one side of the page, along with a smaller stack on the opposite side of the page...
Now that I pretty much have my basic design down, I want to highlight some of that stencil work with my white Signo pen...
 Ah yes! Likey so...
A few more embellishments added...
 
And a cute little umbrella never hurt anything...
And there she is! My darling girl...
So much more than just a pretty face!

Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see how you interpret this challenge.

Go get crafty and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)


17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, artistic face page for the SSS Challenge!!!! I love the direction of the base with the cloud paper and face stencil!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Ashli, beautiful, just beautiful. Nothing else to say. Well, except that white paint you are so good at. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun, these pages! Love the stenciled girls! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazed how effective that white doodling is, really bringing the faces to life - gorgeous page!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty layout, the touches of white really lift the page. Lovely picture too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet way to show a mother's love for her daughter :) Love the way you embellished this page too!!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is so beautiful and this page is a great display of a Mother's love! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is fabulous! I was so impressed with how many faces you incorporated! And you're right: your daughter's face is definitely the highlight! I love how your layouts are always so stunning, yet the photos you include are still center stage. You are so talented to nail that balance just right every time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet! Love the beautiful layout and cute photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderfully creative! I love the face in the clouds. Beautiful! A layout to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful project for a beautiful photo! This is such a wonderful layout and I love all your layers, which you do so well! Fabulous Ashli... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't seen that fun stencil before and you used it perfectly Ashli. Love this happy page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely design! I love how you mixed the soft stenciled faces in the background. Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really, you are an artist! LOve all details in this Layout! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a wonderful article,
    Thanks for sharing,
    how to look pretty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...