Thursday, July 17, 2014

I've Been Camping...

...and Scrapping! That's right, Camp Scrap with May Flaum is well under way and I am loving every minute of inspiration!

May has, once again, outdone herself with content. This year, Camp is broken down into four sections... Art Journaling, By Design, Kit-Tastic, and Mixed Media. I am partaking in all four sessions and each one is just LOADED with videos, projects, and inspiration!

I highly recommend taking all four classes. Not only because it is the best value, but also because I have found that the inspiration is muddling around my brain and turning into a melting pot of ideas. 

We are in the third week of class and I have some fun things happening on my craft desk! While I am tinkering away on all of those, I thought I would show you what I worked up during the first two weeks of class...




My starting point for all but one of these was the sketch provided in the "By Design" section of camp. The second to last layout above, the one with the prize ribbons, was prompted by a challenge that May issued to alter a pre-made embellishment. This got me to use this somewhat challenging patterned paper. LOVE THAT!

You know what the best part about class is with May? The videos. I love videos in general, but her's are the best! Why? They are real. May films them in real time, talks in real time and has the amazing ability to explain what she is thinking in a cohesive manner while simultaneously crafting. Mad multi-tasking skills, I tell ya! She shares the good, the bad, the successes, the failures. She is always authentic and that I most certainly find inspiring.

You have until August 8 to purchase all four sessions of Camp in one bundle. You do not want to miss that!!! 

I'm off to watch more of the videos from this week and do some more scrapping! I hope to see you in Camp.

Have a great weekend!




4 comments:

  1. These are all really awesome, Ashli! Looks like your having fun with the class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving the classes too, Ashli! Finally took the plunge into art journaling which is something I've wanted to do, and it's good for me. And I am so design challenged. I'm a little behind but catching up is fun too. Oh, and I've discovered white paint! Anyway your layouts are awesome and I'll see you in class. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so enjoying the camp Ashli :) This weekend I will be finishing week 2 and onto week 3 :) I was amazed at looking at the Rock City layout how much the girls look like you!! Little gnomies:) I always love those prize ribbons..I think it's one of my favorite things you make:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your takes on camp! May has so much going on in these sessions, I find it hard to keep up. But, so much there for the future! Love what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...