Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For...

For Ice Cream!

Yes... I am pretty sure I shrieked a little when this fabulous die landed on my craft desk!
Seriously! Is that not the cutest thing ever? It is one of the many adorable products that Simon just released in their "This is the Life" collection. Well, as you can see from the photo above, I didn't waste any time gathering some supplies to put this little die to use...

With just a couple of cuts, you can see that we are well on the way to a completed card! I just love the delicate outline of the cones... 
 A little watercolor will set them off perfectly...
And the best part of this die? It also cuts out cute little ice cream scoops and cones! When cut using several patterns, they are the perfect build-your-own cone shapes!
 I had a few extra and couldn't part with them, so I popped them onto some scraps for later use...
With my die cuts all layered up and my some mist added...
We have a completed card!
I've already put it in the mail to someone special.

I was having so much fun with those ice cream shapes that I couldn't stop there.
I wanted to see how lots and LOTS would look layered up and stitched down...
SO pretty! What a fun texture!

Perfect for this Sweetness...



Did you notice too that with the scoops cut off, the cones make a perfect banner shape? See at the top of the layout there? How fun!

Thanks for joining me today as we played with this super fun new product!
Be sure to head over to Simon Says Stamp and check out all the cuteness in this new release!





7 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the die, Ashli!! The water color adds a great touch on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a cute die! I've been seeing some of the sneak peeks and it's definitely a great new line. Cute layout and card, so sweet. Love Ghent watercolors on the card it adds so much dimension. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!! These are some fabulous projects!! I LOVE the layout...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Missy! The layout is absolutely precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, love that layout. So super sweet. That is a really fun die set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS and that card stopped me dead in my tracks...or dead in my finger-clicking? You know what I mean. I always love to see your creations and I truly truly truly adore your style and aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how inky your fingers are!!!!! What a great card and layout - I've ordered this die too and can't wait to play! Pinning this for future inspiration!!
    Thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...