Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hand Cut Snow...

As you might know, I have been working on utilizing my "Must Try This" Pinterest board. I love pinning things, and it's even more fun to actually go back and use an idea! Imagine that :)

So... today, I am going to use a lettering idea from May Flaum

Also, this is a page that I had kitted up to work on while on our family vacation. I didn't quite get to it then, but I still have it compiled, so let's get to work!
I just love the felt letters on May's layout and that is what I plan to do here as well. To start, I simply wrote my letters onto some pink felt and now I am going to cut them out...
With my letters all cut out, I am regretting my choice of the black pen on the felt... but, I am sure it will work out in the end, so let's go with it...

Time to start playing with the page design...
 I have things where I want them, now just a quick staple together...
Before I adhere my packet of layers and photos, I want to give the title letters a place to live... so a bed of white paint might be nice? 
 Ah yes! I like that... kinda even looks like snow... cool!
 A few more embellishments...
OK! Once that paint was good and dry, I headed to the sewing machine. May stitched each individual letter. I admire her patience. As you can see, I chose to just let my page fly back and forth a couple of times in the sewing machine... works for me! 

Now, that black pen is still bugging me, so I am going over it with some more white paint...
 Ah yes! Looks even more like snow! See? It was meant to be!
 Now, just some final touches of some watercolor...
 And flair...
  And some script-style journaling...
 And there we have it!
My attempt at a page with hand-cut letters! That was fun!

And perhaps next time I will write on my fabric with pencil :)

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the hand cut letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious!!! It's all the firsts and toddler discoveries that make these years so memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful effect you created on this layout Ashli, and the letters are really sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful effect you created on this layout Ashli, and the letters are really sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool title, and so was May's. I just love the effect the white paint has on the layout. As I'm experimenting with paint I have been remembering that white paint is your friend! Sweet photos too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...