Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Look Back at a Favorite Combo

I have always loved red and blue together. Throw a little white in there and it is just about perfection. This combination works in varying shades from Christmas to New Year and even to Fourth of July. So, as we celebrate our freedom in the USA today, here is a look back at some old layouts using my favorite color combo...
Looking back at older pages is so fun! Not only for the memories, but also the style of scrapbooking. These days, I am using a great deal of white (something that a thread on the new Paperclipping Forum has me pondering). Looking back, my pages have white, but lean more toward a mix of colors...
And here, you can see a rare double pager... 
 Plus, I am loving all those blocks of pattern and I am reminded that I must do that more often!
 This page is of an all-time favorite memory and it is fun to look back and see a slightly grungier style that what I am tending towards these days. And... I must layer more strips again! 
It is so interesting how the creative process evolves. I tend to like something, do it over and over again, until it evolves into something else and I move on, somehow forgetting what started it all in the first place...
That's the best part about looking back...
 Remembering the old favorites...
And getting inspired to try them again, perhaps from a new perspective...

Here's wishing you and your family a Fabulous Fourth!
See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the chance to see some of your earlier layouts. I've been pondering layering strips and papers, I do love 6x6 pads. But since I'm new-ish to the hobby I tend to see a new technique, go crazy trying to figure it out or teach myself, then I forget my old stand bys. I love especially to layer under photos. But I just got my first jar of gesso, so I think I'll be playing with that for a while. Anyways have a great weekend. Enjoy. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth to you and your family Ashli :) I was looking at some old pages I created in my oldest son's album...one of my favorites was a red white and blue on kraft. Stars, strips and layers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun collection. The first photo of your girls -precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...