Monday, June 30, 2014

White on White

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

This week we are talking all things "white."

There really are so many shades of white, from cream to navajo and with applications from nautical to patriotic to winter. How will you use white this week? Will it be with gesso? ink? pen? Or perhaps you will transform simple white cardstock…

I just can't seem to get enough of white lately. I just love layers upon layers of varying shades of white. There is something so soft and ethereal about that look...
To create this mixed media piece, I layered up lots of my scraps, in varying shades of white...
 ... along with a Crate Paper Prize Ribbon, some lovely die cuts, and the slightest bit of green watercolor to pull in the colors from that crate paper embellishment...
Once I had them all glued down with Matte Medium, I finished things off with some misting and pen work. Such a quick and easy way to make the most of my scraps!


Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see what you do with white this week.

Go get crafty and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)



16 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the layering! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of these layers! Pretty on pretty!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ashli! Love all the layers and white washed detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the luscious layers. And the gold! That little touch adds so much. Very pretty, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mixed media pieces, and this is no exception - fabulous layers and movement - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous project! Love all the layers of embellishments and details. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the texture and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the Queen of Layering, my friend, and I adore how this turned out! Thanks for showing me in such a unique and original way that white really can be the star of the show. I always enjoy seeing what you've made. You've got some major skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely. Soft and pretty. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Ashli! Love all those great layers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous layers and that is one fantastic background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AS always a great layered piece! I love your attention to detail! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so pretty and as always your layering is second to none...it's just wonderful! Fabulous card Ashli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful ensemble of white layers! Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...