Monday, June 2, 2014

A Magical Banner...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

DT member Dan wants to put some magic into our challenge this week – will you accept? Whether you have a magician’s trick, want to show us a card trick, have a magical product you can’t work without, or perhaps are inspired by a story or movie that has magical elements – we can’t wait to see! The magic of this challenge is that you can be inspired any way you like…

Some time ago, I created a fun little name banner for my oldest daughter. She loved it so much that I decided to make some for my other kiddos! So... this week, I am working on one for my second oldest, using a very magical product...

Heidi Swapp's Color Magic, to be exact! In case you haven't given this line of products a try... they are so much fun! It is essentially a heavy weight card stock with a pre-set resist. This allows for a custom look, using your own stash of color mediums. They are available in a variety of shapes and sizes too. I'll be sure to link up several options below.
But, before all that magic can happen, we need to get a background going on those tags. A little Modeling Paste and a stencil is a great start!
 With that good and dry... a little white wash with some acrylic paint...
 Some color...
 Gelato anyone?
 Mmmmm - yummy!
 Now, back to the Magic! Let's spray those tags with some lovely color shine...
 So pretty!
 Some more concentrated color with the Gelato...
 And now, with all of the elements dry, let's layer up these tags!
 Layers going well... now for my sweet girl's name...
 A few more embellishments and a bit of twine...

All dolled up...
 For my sweet girl...
 Ta Da!
I am happy to report that she loves it!

Alrighty, now it's your turn! So... Go make some magic and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.
 


How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic banner Ashli! We had partly the same idea, that resist effect is magic. Love all the papers and colours and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful project, Ashli. I love the pretty color scheme and all those layers of fabulous embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely banner Ashli , lovely pastel colours and I love the resist and dimension. Love all the patterns too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and magical banner Ashli This screams cuteness! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tags!! Love all the texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely precious! My grandma, who is the light of my life, her middle name is Etta so ...seeing this....maybe it's time to make my Etta a banner...I'm sure she will love it with little girl smiles like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is magic. Great banner. I love the soft color and the texture. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always amazes me how you can take a plain Jane embellishment and turn it into something so beautiful! I love the resist feature of that chipboard! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love them all! The colors are so beautiful! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am amazed every time for your great ability to mix the patterned papers! You're really unique in this one!I love your works for two reason: they're wonderful to look and they express so much joy ! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming and pretty banner and I can see how she would love it! Always intrigued by your magical layering of pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous interpretation of the theme and I just think your banner is so adorable and charming and it was lovely to see the creative process of how you made it!! Thanks for sharing Ashli... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A tag banner! How wonderfully creative. The inky layers are pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely idea for your girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This banner is incredible! I am always so excited to see what techniques you've employed. You use so many different products to creatively. The color scheme and patterns are so whimsically wonderful. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...