Monday, May 5, 2014

The Favorite Five...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

Today is 5/5, and since the day and month are very rarely the same number weve got a special kind of challenge in mind!

It’s a pick-your-adventure kind of challenge where you’ve got to pick five...

A) You need to “pick five” things TOTAL to create your next project. (and yes, picking something like ‘copic markers’ would count as one thing but you could use multiple colors)

or

B) You need to use five of something (papers, buttons – anything!) on your project


For this fun challenge, I decided to put my often forgotten embossing folders to use. Five of them, to be exact...

After embossing some plain white card stock, I laid out a simple grid design, along with my photo. The plan here is to turn all of those embossed areas into little journaling pockets...

Here they are all stitched down. Remember my recent tutorial on creating your own "fabric" trim out of Kraft Glassine? Here is a little leftover piece and I think it will work quite nicely on this page...

And then I just have fun layering on all the bits...

With all of that set, I want to "highlight" some of that wonderful embossing with some watercolor...

And there you have it!

A page full of pockets in which to journal the funny and cute things my 2 year old is saying at the moment.


You know... things like "we having beeereeetoes?"
She does love her tex mex :)

Alrighty!


So... now it's your turn! Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)

16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful page. I love everything on it.
    Thank you for the inspiration. I will have to use my folders too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun page and great way to use those folders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun page! Love the embossing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft feminine and elegant layout. The soft touch of color on the embossed panels are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layered perfection! <3 So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun embossing, Ashli! I love all of those textures and together when paneled they really pack a PUNCH!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all that great texture! So pretty, especially with the watercolors. Fun, creative layout. Awesome idea to document. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  8. "we having beeereeetoes?"

    So cute!!
    Your layout is darling.
    Your journaling pockets are fabulous. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet Ashli!! I really love the look from the embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! Love those pretty embossing and all the wonderful elements. Sweet photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a talent for making me want to whip out every single supply I see you use! I am on my way to dig up my embossing folders.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ashli! Gorgeous layout! Great choice of 5 embossing folders! You have such an eye for detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely Ashli!! Great idea for the challenge and I love those embossed pockets that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunning layout Ashli and I always love seeing your creative processes. Your eye for detail is just wonderful and as always, the photo is adorable! Thank you for sharing this with us all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. every work of yours leaves me speechless! You are unquestionably queen of the layers! Fantastic! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...