Thursday, May 1, 2014

Guided by the Pattern... and a Video!

I recently worked up a little mixed media canvas to give as a baby gift. By using the design of a patterned paper to guide this piece... I was able to complete this canvas in no time!
Please have a look: (email subscribers, or if you are having trouble viewing the embedded video... please click here: http://youtu.be/7kNxEQpFoUw)


I just love how using that larger pre-printed design as the inspiration and starting point of this art piece, allowed me to craft up a special gift with great ease!
So, the next time you want to try your hand at a bit of mixed media art play... grab a patterned paper and let it guide you!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! Remember... Saturday is (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day and I have a special post going up at the Simon Says Stamp Blog. Be sure to check it out!

7 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet project. What a wonderful baby gift! I'm certain that it will be a treasured keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. I love it. I read your r&r post and wanted you to know that I still read your blog even if I don't have enough time to comment these days too! Why does it take so long? If it's any consolation, I'm way behind on email too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Ashli!
    Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project, Ashli!! The soft colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely canvas. Very clever too using patterned paper. I just love these techniques. Thanks. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and lovely, what a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to stop in and let you know I saw your post on Simon Says Stamp blog. Beautiful layout, beautiful pictures. Very lovely name. Sweet. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...