Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Photo Stack of Love...

Before spring is over and summer is in full swing, I have some photos from Valentine's Day that I am really excited to scrap. Every year the hubster takes all of our little ladies to a father/daughter dance. They look forward to it each and every year... a special date with daddy!

As you can imagine, there are always lots of photos for this event. And they are usually all too cute to whittle the selection down to a mere one or two. So... instead of scrapping up 5 or 10 layouts of this one little dance, lets try doing a photo flip book of sorts...

To get started, I am simply adhering each photo to a scrap of paper. I am not worried about the size. In fact, I want the photos to hang over the edge somewhat...
Once all the photos are adhered, front and back... I stagger them out likey so...
And proceed to tape each piece down with washi, creating hinges...
There will be gaps in between each photo. That's ok...
Because it is an excuse to use more washi!
Here they all are, taped down...
And now for the fun of embellishing! See this puffy sticker that says sweet? It is a bit stark, so a small piece of white washi over it will tone it down perfectly:
With all of my little bits in place, I simply went around the photo flip stack with some watercolors to spruce things up...
And there we have it!
A layout full of sparkly love...
Documenting their special Valentine's Date...
Full of all the fun pictures...

And lots of silliness...
With the journaling at the back of the stack...
And because the photos are staggered, it doesn't create too much bulk on the page. I will simply cut open the page protector to accommodate the interactivity...
Yay fun!

Thanks for joining me today. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Totally amazing Ashli!! I love the idea of the flip book for using the multiple photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea to scrap such a special occasion
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! Very awesomely creative. Love this idea and of course the watercolors and little bits and the cute washi. Beautiful photos, such pretty dresses, pretty girls. What a special night. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never fail to amaze me! Thanks for sharing your idea's and style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just such a cute idea!
    And I love that gold sparkly heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Will definitely use this idea for my Easter photos... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a question I do this also but when I turn the pages in my smash book these don't lay down on the page as I turn it, is there a way to sort of tie them down and untie them when I want to look through them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy! Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Yes - there are a couple of ways to fix the problem you are referring to. For the layout above, I could have attached a long piece of twine to the top most layer of the stack and then attached an additional piece of twine to the far right of the entire stack, but on the background paper. Then, the two pieces can be tied together and hold the stack in place. I would probably choose to attach the twine using a stapler. Another alternative is to use a Flair badge or brad on the background page and then wind the twine from the top piece of the stack around it...much like I did in this layout: http://purplemailbox.blogspot.com/2014/04/easter-is.html

      I hope this makes sense and I hope this helps :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...