Monday, May 19, 2014

A Botanical Rainbow...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

Suzanne is in the mood for flowers, and it got us thinking about all of the really great botanical patterns from Tim Holtz, butterflies floating around the warm spring sunshine, and flowers just waiting to bloom. So what are you waiting for? Find your botanical bliss and join us!

I can't seem to get enough of rainbows lately. For this week's challenge I put one of my new favorite products to use on a mixed media piece. 
The Simon Says Exclusive Clustered Leaves Die is so very versatile! I haven't found a project that it doesn't work on. This canvas is no exception!

I simply adhered my die cut shapes to my board and covered it with white paint. Once that was dry, I swirled on some Modeling Paste at the top edge to resemble flowers. 

Here's the hardest part... Ready?
Waiting for that paste to completely dry. Ahhh - but it will be worth the wait, I promise!

Once it is indeed dry, simply apply watercolors in a ROYGBIV fashion and let them drip down the die cuts.

I final sprinkling of black ink and that is it!
Botanical Bliss...
Easily found!

So... now it's your turn! Go get crafty and link-up with us!
Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.

How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)

22 comments:

  1. beautiful color!!!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely layout, Ashli. The colors and textures are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashli, this is gorgeous and sooo creative! Love, love, LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. That die is wow, awesome! Very pretty art. Will it go in your etsy shop? Bet someone will snap it up. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, Ashli! Love the textures and colors. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Ashli!! I love the rainbow look you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty Ashli! Love the rainbow of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!! This is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty piece! I love the touch of black. So unexpected! Yet, AWESOME detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Ashli!! Love that background you created and those modeling paste swirled flowers are so clever. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning Ashli! I love your use of modelling paste and the dripped paint is just fabulous!! I think this is one of my favourite pieces you've ever made!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ability to give their life to the colors you use, it is truly amazing! all your work is full of joy and happiness! You are a wonderful artist! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. I honestly thought those paste swirls were paper flowers until looking closer - WOW Ashli!!! LOVE THIS! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous canvas! I would love to see a video showing the techniques you used :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might just have to do that! :)

      Delete
  16. This is amazing. Simply amazing. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! love the beautiful flowery trim along the top with the lovely soft flowing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy cow, Ashli! I actually audibly gasped when I saw this one! (Like an inspired in-awe type of gasp, not a terrified gasp). This is just so ethereal and dreamy and I am stunned at your ability to create these gallery-level masterpieces with "basic" objects. Really a talent of yours! I liked how you made the flowers out of paste swirls. Genius! And those drips and runs of color turned out so perfect...without being planned that way. You always amaze and this piece is really incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...