Thursday, April 24, 2014

Trying On a Trend... And A Video!

Welcome back to another installment of our video series here at the Mailbox, Trying On a Trend. For more info on this series, please take a look at our first post.

All set? Great! For our next trend let's try frames...
(Having trouble viewing the embedded video? Direct link here: http://youtu.be/iPLnYOgWP_0)




Oh, I think it is safe to say that frames are still a difficulty for me. But, it was fun to try and I still have some of those frames in the stash, so you never know what might come of them.

While I might not be in love with frames, I do indeed love this photo and am glad to have it ready for the album!

Thanks for watching. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Great page! I like how you used the frames. I usually jump on a trend long after it's passed. LOL! The way you used them makes so much more sense to me. For some reason I can't have stuff like that all lined up on my projects. Anyway, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your layout turned out great. I love the white behind the frames and photo's and the use of the frames in a different way looks fabulous. A very cool layout
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! Love the white in the background and how the frames give you a background but don't box it in...so to speak. Love the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! I love how you layered the frames behind your photo, and the white paint adds great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 2 packages of frames and cannot figure them out. I love your technique with the distress marker and the still wet watercolor for shading. That's an awesome tip. Thanks for the video. The pictures are pretty and love how your layout turned out. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Ashli! I love the monochromatic look on this layout and those are such sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO Ashli! TFS the tutorial, especially love the idea of frames on texture in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this layout and the pictures are so beautiful!
    Thank you for the video.

    I will follow your blog from now on :o).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...