Monday, April 21, 2014

Stamping a Little Girl in a Big Way...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

Whether it is a background, large image, pattern, or maybe just a big stamp pad – this week is all about the big stamp!

With a new little one around here, we are blessed to have lots and lots of thank you notes to write these days. I decided to take this opportunity to use a new stamp in a big way - as the feature on a card!

See this little cutie? She is from the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer Stamp Set and I just LOVE her...
 I'm thinking a soft watercolor effect will be nice, so I have gathered my distress inks...
 A little blending and spritzing onto my stamp and I get this...
 I like her, but want to try some more options...

Here they all are! I think I like the one on the bottom in the middle...
 She gets cut out and set aside. Now to emboss my sentiment...
Perfection! This sentiment stamp, a Simon exclusive designed by Kelly Purkey, is one of the most versatile stamps I own...
 A few scraps gathered and our sentiment becomes a lovely little prize ribbon embellishment...
 And here are all the elements ready to assemble!
 Like this!
Oh yes, adorable little girl stamp... you are indeed the best thing!
So... now it's your turn! Go get crafty and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.

How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)



19 comments:

  1. Supersweet card Ashli! Wonderful stamping and the embossed sentiment adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card, Ashli! The stamp is so sweet. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. Love how creative you were either the stamp and inks and the little prize ribbon too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the mix of inks and how pretty this is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and pretty card! Congrats on your sweet new baby too! I was away for a while and must have missed the announcement. Enjoy your rest times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so sweet and beautiful! Love the cute girl image and the pretty soft color scheme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Love the sweet image and beautiful handcrafted embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute soft colored card, Ashli! I love the embossing effects too :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is super cute! Love the watercolored stamp effect!

    Greetings from Sweden/Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet card! love how you used several inks to ink her - and your wonderful prize ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! That prize ribbon is a treasure in itself. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super sweet card! You are a wonderful Mom and a wonderful crafter! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so adorable and I love that sweet image and the wonderful embellishment. It's beautiful, Ashli...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ashli - that is so beautiful and ethereal and what a fab way to use distress ip's. Will have to try this out - thank you for the inspiration!
    I have popped over to say thank you. You and two other DT members of Simon Says Monday challenge voted for my tag to be in the Designer Spotlight.
    I am absolutely honoured and happy beyond belief! Thank you very, very much! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever times a million billion! I always get such a kick out of your write-up's. Your posts are truly a feast for the eyes and the brain. Love the whimsical sweetness of this one and it just goes to prove how versatile you are as an artist. You have so many different styles and looks and you nail them every time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...