Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Seeing Clearly Through Some Banners...

This year, I am making a point to put into action some of the inspiration I have pinned to my "Must Try This" Pinterest board.

For today's layout, I am going to give Mary Ann's clear confetti banner a try!

I have an oversized, 8x8 to be exact, photo that I edited using the Rhonna app on my iphone. I seriously love what you can do with that little program!

With the photo in place, which is obviously about celebrating the hubster's birthday, I have stamped on some white bicycles in the background. I used the Hero Arts White Ink pad for this and quite like how it turned out on the kraft...
Now, I am just playing around with some embellishments that will compliment the clear banner pieces I have yet to attempt...
So, let's get to it with those! To start, I simply took a spare page protector and free-form stitched the basic banner shapes, leaving the top open for stuffing...
And then I attempted to stuff them. Not easy! The plastic takes on a strange static cling effect and tries to push out whatever you stuff in. I had planned on including fussy cut bits, wood veneer, and sequins. The banners had a different plan. So... plain ole confetti it is!
 Which really worked out ok in the end...
I actually really like it! Keeping the embellishments somewhat simple helps to keep the eye on this fabulous photo... while including this fun technique still allowed for plenty of creative play...
 In my book, that is perfection!
That was super fun to try and I might just have to do that again! Thanks for the inspiration Mary Ann.

And thanks to all of you for stopping by. See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Hey wow!!! How very cool that you used my layout for inspiration!! Your layout is beautiful, I love the mix of all the goodies you have clustered together.
    You totally made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! Love the photo and all the bits are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great layout and a super cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! Love the happy accident withe the fetti. Beautiful photo and LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout. I love how the white ink stamped imaged and the white pen journaling show up on the kraft. And your embellishments, wow! Love them too. The stitched banner, should I go on? The photo is the star and I love how you kept that the focus. It is a beautiful photo, worthy of the sizing. Thank you do much for sharing your techniques. I hope things are going well. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I like stamping white on kraft too and I've been meaning to try clear pockets too. I shall pop along and check out your pinterest board. I'm trying to use more techniques but I don't do the 'getting messy' bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...