Monday, April 28, 2014

Good Morning Sunshine...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

From soft buttery yellow to electric neon - this week we challenge you to be inspired by yellow!

When I think of yellow, I think of sunshine. And, when I think of sunshine, I think of morning time. 

As you can see from the photo below... morning person, I am indeed not!
So... let's scrap a page about that!

First up, a bit of yellow ink to smooshy about the page:
likey so...
And now for some stencil and modeling paste action. I chose this stencil because it reminds me of a sunshine...
With that mostly dry, it's time to have fun layering up some bits...
And squishing things into place...
Perhaps some more sunshine is in order?
And with the usual finishing touches of journaling, doodles, and pen lines...
There we have it!
I had more fun pressing all of those little bits into the modeling paste!
And I do think this is a fun thing to include in the album as well!

So... now it's your turn! Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.



How awesome is that?


Here is my supply list :)

Hero Arts Butter Ink
The Crafter's Workshop Mini Frag Stencil
Liquitex Modeling Paste
Dear Lizzy Daydreamer Accent Phrase Stickers
Dear Lizzy Daydreamer Wood Buttons
Dear Lizzy Daydreamer Accent Stickers
Amy Tangerine Plus One Die Cuts
Hero Arts Diamond Gems
Freckled Fawn Wood Chip Clouds
Freckled Fawn Wood Chip Arrows
RSVP Thickers
Basic Grey Persimmon Die Cut Feathers
Pumice Stone Distress Marker
Faber Castell Pitt Pens
Queen and Company Yellow Chevron Washi
Kelly Purkey White Washi
Mister Huey's Inky Black

18 comments:

  1. such a beautiful page - but what I love most is the honesty of that photo!! :) Hope you're doing well with baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stencil! Awesome layout. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beautiful textures and the layers of ink and paste add such a lovely touch. The whole layout is humorous and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is so beautiful, Ashli. I love the pretty texture you created and all those cute embellishments on this layout. Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout Ashli, love the sunshine stencil in the background. Great dimensions and texture too. Hope you are keeping well. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic layout Ashli! The background looks fabulous! Love the texture and all the bits and baubles that you used! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Ashli! The little bits smooshed in the modeling paste are so awesome and I LOVE the Yellow! My favorite color, and it's great for the title of your layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun page!!!
    I love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Ashli!! Love all those bits pressed into the paste. Such a fun topic too (I am also not a morning person).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background! Cool inking technique and I love the texture with the mask. Great layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful layout! I love how your creative mind thinks! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy page!
    I'm not a morning person either, so I can relate to that. :) It's a wonderful topic for a layout. I am in awe of your ability to take a topic that is not necessarily happy, and make it beautiful. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful page!!!!! Absolutely beautiful page! Your tutorials are always very clever and always reveal details of the construction of your project very useful! Thank you for sharing them with us! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful photo and a beautiful page...what's not to love about this? It's just such a fabulous piece and a wonderful blog post!! Thanks for sharing Ashli... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely layout! Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Utterly gorgeous - so light and ethereal and I love all the bits pressed into the texture - wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your use of the modeling paste with that particular stencil and I think it's fantastic that you celebrated your own non-enthusiasm for mornings! Such great honesty and it really reminded me of the importance of journaling the good, the bad and the ordinary. I adore not only your art, but also the fun and insightful topics you choose to journal about.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darned good morning if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...