Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Is...

When it comes to scrapping Holidays, things can get a bit redundant, yes? Sometimes the same things are done year after year and the layouts tend to look the same. While it is fun to see the progression of time in the kiddos, that can often be seen in other pages.

So, for this Easter layout, I decided to use a photo from last year and to scrapbook about what Easter means to us in general... NOT year specific.

Let's take a look...

I plan on this layout being fairly simple, with the journaling inside a card of sorts. Therefore, to spice things up a bit I thought some modeling paste might be nice...
 Pretty!
I really like the way that turned out. I might add in some watercolor, but let's work on some of the other elements first. I have adhered my photo to the top of a blank card and layered up some papers behind...

And now for the title. I have cut some plain white letters using my Tim Holtz Alpha Die and Sizzix:
 With that done, I want to make a special little closure for the journaling...
 Likey So!
With all of the elements in place, I do think we could use some more color... watercolors it is!
 And there we have it!
Easter is very special to us and here is the layout to document that, complete with a card full of journaling...
Thanks for stopping by and may you all have a blessed Easter!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to your family Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ! the watercolour really is the perfect addition. A lovely , soft page
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout. Love the modeling paste and the pretty watercolors and the lovely photo. Liked to see that hidden journaling and enclosure you made for it. I have 1 layout where I did hidden journaling and just put it in one of those small envelopes from Fancy Pants so it was nice to see another way to do it. Happy Easter Ashli. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to try molding paste. Every time I see a lovely layout like this it makes me want to run to the store. Really love the texture. :) Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty layout. And I love the idea of doing a page about what the holiday means to your family. :)
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this page! Great mix of texture and colour, and it just feels so spring-like and bright!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...