Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Choose Wisely...

I have another layout to add to my new "Love, From Mom" Album. If you missed the video introduction post regarding this project, take a look here.

All caught up? GREAT!

Let's scrap a new page.

I want my girls to choose their friends wisely. This is a tricky and learned skill, of course. But that envelope there will contain my thoughts on this...

And it is indeed my hope that they will one day read and consider what I have to say on this subject :)
To get started, I thought a stitched grid to break up the circular polka dot pattern might be nice... 

Then, I ran out of white thread. So... we have a partial grid. That's ok. Let's go with it...
I have my basic layout worked up here and now I want to incorporate some of these mixed media off cuts to add some more interest and texture...
And, those are giving me trouble. So... let's try something with the title in the mean time. Modeling paste with Thickers squishied in might be fun?
 Yes! I like it! Now for photo placement and such...
Yay! Things are moving along now. Turns out that those mixed media off cuts looked better scattered about the page and not confined to the stitched grid...
And with my journaling in the pocket...

There we have it!
 Here's to them learning to choose wisely...
 With Love,
 From mom...
Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Ashli! And such a fabulous idea. This book will be a treasure for the rest of their lives.

    You are so wise to be including this topic. As parents, it's important to help our children make good choices. And you're doing it in such a beautiful way. It really touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli, this is such a wonderful idea. Your message is so beautiful. I agree that it's something your girls will treasure. And you chose the perfect picture for thru layout too. I also love that you got past the problem of running out of thread and continued on. Creative and lovely. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! And what a great message. I love how you just move on and embrace the whole thread thing. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Ashli! And the idea for journaling is awesome!! Great way to share some wise advice with your daughters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...