Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Little Doodly-Doo...

Hi there!

Some of you must be thinking... "shouldn't she have had a baby by now?" And, you would be right! Chances are that I have had baby number 4 by the time you are reading this. So, how on earth did I have a newborn and manage to scrapbook and blog about it, seemingly simultaneously? 

I didn't. Most of the posts that will go live between now and the next few weeks were done and scheduled in advance. Believe me, I pondered the idea of letting you all think I was some sort of superwoman... capable of all things mothering and crafting. But, that is just silliness. You all know I am about keeping things real here. And the reality of it is, at this very moment you are reading, my studio is most likely clean as a whistle, while I am most likely in my finest pajamas and anything but freshly showered. 

Now, with that unfortunate visual for you, let's move on, shall we?

I am always drawn to patterned papers that are covered in a hand-drawn style of doodling. In fact, I have been known to purchase them regardless of theme or practical application. What can I say? I just like them.

Today, I have a little story to tell about our broken hot water heater. So glamorous, I know. It really is amazing how that shiny metal tube can affect one's day when it stops functioning properly. First world problem, of course. But it does indeed create an impact. 

Since this is such a romantic story, I thought I might spice it up further with a little doodly-doo of my own.

With my white cardstock and my photo at the ready, let's get started with some pencil action...
I'm not really sure why, but I kinda hesitated with these doodles. I guess I was trying not to make them too "5 year old in the margins" kind of doodling while still keeping them fun and whimsical. But, I think what I have here will do. Now, just to commit and get them drawn over in black...
Well, that's kinda fun, huh?
I'm thinking that the new Amy Tangerine Plus One collection will work quite nicely, so I have pulled out several of the cards from the Project Life Mini Kit...
And just start laying things out...
I decided to go ahead and add in the hot pink accents as well as to add some watercolors to my doodles...
Some little embellishments...
Coming together... 
But, here is the ironic part and a good example of how I often work "backwards." I have now decided that some of those doodles are too strong. So, white paint to the rescue...
And a little washi around the edge...

Yep! Better!
And there we have it!
And indeed this happened...
I am happy to say that we were able to get the water heater replaced quickly... and with a fun page about it? Well, I'd say it all worked out in the end...
Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. That's fun! I really like the idea of scrapping events like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while ~had to pop over and see what you have been up to and if you have a baby yet. I never know which way you are going with your creative mind~love the results:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Ashli! Love the way the doodles turned out, and that you documented the crash of the hot water heater! :) And congrats again on your new little one! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool doodles. Hope all is well. Look forward to seeing the blog and baby pic soon. Best wishes. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Love what you did! Pinning this for the techniques and inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...