Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Trying On a Trend... A New Video Series!

In the last Roundup and Recap post, I mentioned that I was pondering a new series on trends. Well, the pondering has turned into reality and I am excited to share with you a new video series here at The Mailbox!

Periodically, I plan to try my hand at something trendy and current in the artsy craftsy scrapbooking world, video it, and post it here for you all. I am really looking forward to this as I truly believe that stepping out of one's creative comfort zone is one of the best ways to grow artistically. 


Plus, I like trends. For the most part. As previously mentioned, I welcome the invitation to try something new. Now, sometimes there is a trend that really leaves me wondering why on earth I would want to try that...

But, I will forge ahead and try even the most seemingly strange idea. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. But, we can learn from both the successes and failures, yes?

So, let's get to it, shall we?

For our first trend, we are going to try on BRUSH SCRIPT. Since this has such a free-form and hand done nature to it, I thought that the graphic quality of FLAIR would go quite well with this. 

So, for our first installment in this series, head on over to the A Flair For Buttons Blog to take a look at the video and the pages created.

I had fun putting this together and hope to see you soon for more!

3 comments:

  1. I loved the circles! I could tell in the video how you seemed to doubt a little but I thin your handwriting was terrific and the circles awesome. It was a very cute layout and the next two were great too. Thanks for showing brush script I've been interested for a while. Figured out recently how to get hand stitching on a layout (sew easy tool and self taught back stitch) so now moving on. Enjoyed your video and the Flair shop. Thank you. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these little bits and details! Super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this trend try Ashli! You inspired me to go for it myself and here's how that turned out: http://haallred.blogspot.com/2014/03/trying-out-trend-and-other-odds-and-ends.html. I look forward to other of your videos on trying out trends (although, if you do the mustache thing, I may pass! ;)).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...