Monday, March 3, 2014

Tick Tock Time...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

This week DT member Sandra challenges us to be inspired by time. From clocks to gears to challenging yourself to create a project in a specific amount of time – the choice is up to you. What are you waiting for? The clock is already ticking down on time left to finish this challenge…

As for me, as soon as I saw this chipboard clock from FabScraps, I knew I wanted to put it to use on a layout...
This layout will be for a new album I am starting. I hope to fill it with layouts full of things I want my daughters to know and remember always. This one will be about.... TIME, of course!

To start things off, I am simply white-washing the clock with some acrylic paint:
 While that dries, I get my background papers adhered:
And start to play around with lovely little die cuts and such. This page won't have a photo, so I am giving myself permission to go embellishment and die cut crazy...
 Speaking of die cuts, I have my new favorite American Crafts dies at the ready...
 There they are, all cut and assembled! Aren't those just the BEST?!?!
 I mean, really... a wood veneer bow? FABULOUS!!!
 Alrighty. Back to that clock. It is good and dry and I have assembled it with a simple pink brad:
I want this clock to hold my journaling, so I just sewed along the bottom to allow for that. Now, a little watercolor will add some depth and interest...
 And that brings us to title time! I love these letters, but they seem a bit clunky or something here...
 Ahhh - perhaps this is better? A quick little handwritten version...
Yep! Better! Now, for the subtitle. I am using a quote that a friend says and it is just so true.... "When you say yes to one thing, you say no to something else." I don't want this to dominate the page, so I am using a basic pencil...
 Now, my journaling card gets tucked in...
 And with the final touches added... there we have it!
 A pocket full of time...
 To remind my girls how important it really is...
 To not overextend themselves...
 And to make the most of the time they do have here...
 So that they may love the balance...
I had more fun putting this together and will be sharing more about this new album soon!

So... now it's your turn!  Go get crafty and link-up with us!
Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.

How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)

19 comments:

  1. oh Ashli...this is so fun..I really adore your cute fun projects every week and this one is no exception...such cuteness..

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashli, love your layout the fresh colour palette is gorgeous and I adore that little clock embellishment and the bow too. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous layout Ashli, with such a great message. Love the clock, lettering and all the special details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those paper bows are just too sweet! Beautiful layout! Love the whimsical image too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous album cover and idea, Ashli! Love the clock element as the focal point and all of the other wonderful touches on here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. this is such a fun and fabulous layout! Ashli. I love those beautiful die cut hearts, clock and bows. The color scheme is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone necessarily lend a hand to make critically posts I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Magnificent activity!
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style, Ashli! Thanks for the step by step photos! They're so helpful and just pretty to look at :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely. Such a fun project! And a good lesson too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow I discover something new every time. Those wood veneer bows are awesome. Very touching layoutvand message for your girls. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  11. The clock turned out amazing Ashli, and I love those sweet bows!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute and fun project Ashli! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool project. Love the idea behind the new album. Super cool first layout to add to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really cute and fun project Ashli, with a great tutorial of how it was created...another fabulous layout!! Hugs and have a great week! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so lovely! And great advice too :)

    ps. getting excited about the arrival of your new little lady. Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so fantastically diverse! Seriously- you nail all sorts of different styles and I really love the whimsical, cartoonish fun vibe that you created here. If I could do layouts like you, I'd fancy myself quite the...well, Layout Queen. But alas! Layouts are not my forte. Thanks for letting me still admire someone who really IS the Layout Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun, fun, totally fun project! Love your style, it's really cool!!!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty layout, Ashli! So cheerful and happy! Love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic dimension - and guarding your time is a great thought... Fun, fresh and lovely as ever!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...