Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Some Third Trimester Ramblings...

I am a mere 12 days from my due date. Woo hoooo! I tell you, it sure has gone by FAST... which is not typical for me. The other thing that is not typical for me is being a pregnant scrapbooker. That's right. While this is our fourth child, it is the first time that I have been expecting and have also been head-over-heels in love with pretty paper and story telling.

When I first found out I was expecting, I had many thoughts on how detailed or not I might get with my documenting...

Growing belly picts for each month?
A full-on 12x12 pregnancy album?
A mini book of ultrasound pictures?

Nothing is wrong with any of the above options, other than the fact that they didn't seem right for me. All of them felt a little too intense and perhaps even a little too close to a daily documenting sort of approach. Daily documenting is something I can obtain for about a month (think December Daily), but more than that and it is a dreaded chore.

So..... Instead, I opted to begin a 12x12 album for baby girl's "first year." The start of this album will include several pages of pregnancy layouts. This is exactly how our current youngest's album is and I really like how it tells the story of her beginning.

While I knew I didn't want to get bogged down in documenting the daily nitty gritty, I knew I wanted to include several fun milestones along the way. Milestones such as ultrasound pictures, finding out the gender, strange pregnancy cravings, etc...

Turns out, the best way for my brain to organize this was to scrap a page for each Trimester.
You can see the First Trimester here

And that brings us to the Third Trimester!

For this page, I want to feature an ultrasound photo, along with lots of pretty little embellishments and plenty of room for my ramblings...



To get started, let's do a pencil-grid drawing as a base for my design as well as a place to house my journaling...
With the grid all drawn out, just a nice little highlight in those hearts with some white paint...
And then for all the layers!
With those all in place, let's play a little more with the paint and highlight some areas of our grid...
And a little watercolor can't hurt either...
A few more embellishments...

Here is a fun thing I have been doing a lot lately. See that little black and white arrow puffy sticker? It is perfect, but the very strong and dark black is a bit jarring for this softer page. So, a little piece of white washi tones it down perfectly, while adding another interesting layer and texture...
Likey so! All the little bits in place...

My ramblings jotted down...

And there we have it!
My 3rd Trimester page complete!
And now to look forward to documenting her big birth day!

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon!

12 comments:

  1. I didn't scrapbook very much of my pregnancy with Erin.
    Just a layout here and there.
    And like you didn't want a specific milestone book. I think they are to much work.
    But my album for her were layouts that covered her birth, the time we were in the hospital together and her in the car seat for the ride home. Surprisingly I had a lot of stories to tell in the three short days it covered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome drawing, who woulda thought????? Beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ashli! congrats on being so close! I still have another 10ish weeks left. lol... awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. I did some bump pics but wasn't militant about times just as and when. Good luck and looking forward to hearing the good news when she arrives! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page and what an awesome page it will be to look back on! I'm so excited that you are so close to the due date! I can't wait for the day we hear she's here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. A lovely page. I didn't get into scrapbooking until well after my kids were older. (14yr old twin boys, 9 yr old girl). But there are things about each pregnancy I'll never forget. Of course a twin pregnancy isn't without it's memorable moments as it is. You've inspired me to at least get some of those stories on paper. I love your technique and how so much thought goes in to each part. Best wishes to you. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page! Best of luck to you on the arrival of you new little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page to document the ultrasound photo, Ashli!! And I love the idea of adding the washi to tone down the sticker!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you! Boy, does time fly! Will be waiting to hear the big news. And you keep creating-so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ashli ... what a great way to document this incredible time of life. She will know she is loved and anxiously awaited from this lovely LO. I love how you create structure from the pattern paper. That is such an incredible idea. I am always inspired to create by you and your amazing designs. Wishing all of you the best. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg this is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see that sweet face!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...