Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cropping Some Dies...

It seems this week has unintentionally become "Week of the Die Cuts" here at the Mailbox. Ah well... 'tis a worthy topic indeed!

So, without further adieu, I present to you... "Cropping Some Dies." Which could also be known as "I am Obsessed with my New Die Cuts!"

I recently had the bittersweet pleasure of attending the final crop at Archivers. As usual in my life, I was a bit late the the party when it came to this fabulous world of paper play, so I didn't have the history with Archivers that many of you had. I did, however love that there was a store so very close to me where I could always run in and grab a sheet of pretty paper. Not to mention, it was a fabulous place to meet up with like-minded crafters and spend the day scrapping!

So, here we all are, on Archiver's last day...
We did have a great time, as usual!

And speaking of a great time, I brought along my trusty Sizzix and my brand new American Crafts Dies from the Dear Lizzy and Maggie Holmes collections and put them to use on my pages...
 Oh, my silly little bees, trying to get in the hive at the Children's Museum...
 Love it! That heart? Bought them on Etsy... aren't they fabulous?!?!
Also fabulous is this cool little camera from the Amy Tan die cut set. I don't own that one, but my dear friend Joy, who happened to suck me into this world of paper crafting several years ago, let me try hers out....

And now I think I need it. Joy is good like that.
 All these little bows were perfect to accent this page featuring a little photo strip...
 And, what a great way to use some of those Crate Paper Chipboard pieces....
And finally, lots of little hot air balloons, bows, and hearts made it onto this page all about completing my goal of setting up an Etsy Shop...
 I really can't get enough of these die cuts, especially this 3D bow!
SOOOO many possibilities!

Oh yes, and in case you were wondering, I was that lady who brought her paints and water and brushes and liquid glue and watercolor pencils and, and, and....

Let's just say that my spot might have won the prize for messiest crafter of the night :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love these layouts. All the little bits, hearts and bows and all. So pretty. I did see your etsy shop and I loved the tree painting but had to wait. I'd noticed it's gone, I'm glad your shop's successful and the tree painting found a good home. That was the neatest, prettiest pic. I don't have Archiver's near me or any monthly crop places. Looks like you had a very productive, fun night. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fab, Ashli!! I love those paper bows and have them purchased from Silhouette, so I definitely need to get them on a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts. All the little details are great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...