Monday, March 17, 2014

Chase the Lucky Rainbow...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

Are you down on your luck? Perhaps you found your lucky rainbow and pot of gold? Do you feel like today is, quite simply, your lucky day? Whatever your mood and however you’d like to interpret this challenge – we couldn’t resist having a lucky challenge since this challenge falls on St. Patrick’s Day! You may just be in luck and win the prize this week!


I was inspired by rainbows this week...

In fact, I kept thinking "chase the rainbow." Which had me wanting to infuse a sense of movement into this mixed media piece.

To begin, I simply swept on some modeling paste and while it was still wet, I used a craft stick to "carve" the rainbow rays.

Then, I allowed the paste to dry and followed it up with plenty of watercolors and drips...

Followed by some striped washi for a good dose of contrast...
Playful, fun, easy... That's how a rainbow should be!  

Now it's your turn! Go get crafty and link-up with us!
Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.

How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful rainbow! I was looking for the pot of gold! :) Fabulous easy pretty canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful mixed media piece, Ashli. I love the pretty soft colors and fabulous textures. Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashli,
    This is so soft and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. It *IS* playful and fun!
    I love the drippy watercolors. <3
    Happy St. Patrick's Day, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your lucky rainbow, fantastic texture and great idea. Love it. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous little canvas! The rainbow is so pretty. Love all the texture of it! Happy St. Patricks Day! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really really love this, Ashli! I would frame it in my house!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool canvas, Ashli! Love the way you added the color onto the molding of the rainbow. Looks really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas Ashli! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Love the rainbow of colors and all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This piece is amazing! What a totally unique and modern way to whip out a rainbow! I had to smile at how "easy" you said it was to do because I wouldn't have thought of this in a million billion years! So I'm glad your creative vision brought this to life and made me believe I could pull it off, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful canvas Ashli and I love all the textures and that stunning rainbow...it's gorgeous!! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Ashli!! Such a fun canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the color mix on the canvas...its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful canvas! Your rainbow is lovely and the color so soft! FAntastic project! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful canvas Ashli! Love your texture rainbow and all those happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous. I feel lucky just looking at it. Love the drips of color and great texture. Definitely a happy rainbow! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Looking great! A mailbox outside your gate or house only means one thing, and that is protection for your packages. With it, you are assured that no one will be able to steal the stuff that you had delivered even if you are not there to personally receive it.house signs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...