Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Call Me Inspired...

At the beginning of the year, I mentioned that I have a little Pinterest Board entitled "Must Try This." I have done some of the things that I have taken the time to pin, but not nearly enough. This year, I am working on changing that.

First up, a custom cell-phone case as inspired by Meihsia!

I found this odd little case on clearance at my local big-box craft store. As you can see, it came with a clear case and a "pad" of designs. 
I simply pulled off one of those lovely designs to use as the base for my collage. After all, it is the right shape and all... seems like a good enough plan to me. I have white-washed it and am now just going to collage some scraps about:
Coming along...
A little glitter...
And this is what the backside looks like... Just need to trim it up a bit...
And squish it into that plastic case...
Likey so!
That was super fun and turned out quite cute, if I do say so myself!
Isn't it fun on that little easel? Like a little piece of art... tee hee!
It's no Otter Box and will certainly not hold up if dropped in the storm drain, but it makes me smile and that works for me!

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that it has glitter. And I love that it makes you happy. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable Ashli, and such a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! That definitely makes me smile. I would love to alter a case for my phone too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashli, this so beautifully personifies you! What a delightful everyday object, totally in your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I must try this! Totally LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...